Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

TGMatt

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 pm

I know I speak on behalf off all the team here at TG...in wishing you all a great Thanksgiving day ...for those of you who don't celebrate this day here or in other parts of the world..(and I used to be completely ignorant of it) ..I treat it like a day of asking you what are you grateful for , and giving thanks for it ....So for me it really is a focused way to stop and get your mind completely out of its own A** and think about others ...

I have posted the Wikipedia description below for those of you who want to understand it more in its traditional context...

..but for me, it is to remember what I am grateful for...my family and that includes my extended TG family Neil, Mike, Big Jim, Cheryle, Nazar, Olympus, our new contributors Suzanne and Bob and Michelle (get better soon Michelle).

And a huge shout out of gratefulness to you...the folk who make TG a better place each day for all of us..and drive me to work hard on this , and myself at the same time..I appreciate all of you...

Finally ...Gobble Gobble....

Cheers

Matt

Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day, presently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November, has been an annual tradition in the United States since 1863. It did not become a federal holiday until 1941. Thanksgiving was historically a religious observation to give thanks to God, but is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.[1]

The First Thanksgiving was celebrated to give thanks to God for helping the pilgrims survive the brutal winter. The first Thanksgiving feast lasted three days providing enough food for 53 pilgrims and 90 Indians. The traditional Thanksgiving menu often features turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. Americans may eat these foods on modern day Thanksgiving, but the first feast did not consist of these items. On the first feast turkey was any type of fowl that the pilgrims hunted. Pumpkin pie wasn't on the menu because there were no ovens for baking, but they did have boiled pumpkin. Cranberries weren't introduced at this time. Due to the diminishing supply of flour there was no bread of any kind. The foods included in the first feast included duck, geese, venison, fish, lobster, clams, swan, berries, dried fruit, pumpkin, squash, and many more vegetables.

Lavallee

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:31 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all me fellow Americans. Hope you will get a fantastic weekend.

Marc

reiver

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving all of you over there.

To the TG team - I reckon you've earned a short break. Enjoy it.

To all TG'ers in the USA - have a great day - and save me a turkey leg.

To all TG'ers in the rest of the world - get to work.

r

tovo

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:50 am

All you guys and girls in the USA have a great Thanksgiving.

Reiver...your'e all heart mate! I'm dutifully off to work ;)

Yamaha48

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:50 am

Happy thanksgiving day fore every one.

Love greet from the Netherlands.

willem

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:41 am

Happy Thanksgiving to ya all,,,a great day to give a exstra thanks to everybody that is speciaal to you.....,,do you know they saved one turkey??

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 am

Happy Turkey Day colonials! Enjoy an extended weekend.
Give thanks for TG too!
See you at the winebar.......

KennyF

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:20 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:25 am

Whilst we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in NZ I understand its importance so all those who do celebrate I hope you have a great day. And I give thanks to TG for a wonderful site and giving me the opportunity to make so many like minded friends, what a wonderful community we have become.

Happy Thansgiving

regards

Chas

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:04 am

Happy Thanksgiving guys! We already had ours in Canada.

Good luck if you brave the stores on BLACK FRIDAY!

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic