Announcing today the ability to create your own blog - all users can have one

TGMatt

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey all

We just added a second new feature to TG - The ability to start your own music related blog on TG...

This is a BETA test...and yes we have a training video on its way, so no support tickets please, play at your own pace for now..

So what do you do with your own blog ??..

well this is a conversation for you to share about your musical journey with TG visitors..maybe it will be a journal of sorts of your playing and its growth..you could take some video of your current playing and as you grow, embed future videos and show the progression..maybe you want to branch of into an area that you love and specialize in, maybe its AMPS, or a certain model of Taylor Guitar, maybe its just random thoughts, or a certain style of music or a band...or ist just random thoughts, of you and your journey into music...with occasional shots of your pets and family for good measure..??...whatever works for you..

Rules ??--- Unfortunately a few...just keep it clean , use common sense, no advertising unless approved, no outbound links unless approved..that sort of thing..

We will be featuring some members weekly soon, and highlighting their material ...(if your ok with that of course) , and also as always we will be figuring out how to create some competitions for best blogs etc etc ...

So we will be talking and showing this more..for now, you can access it within your community or through the menu addon...

I hope you have some fun..looking forward to seeing some of your stuff..

Cheers

Matt

TGMatt

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Heres the basic training video...thx Big Jim

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see the blog entry that I uploaded this morning. I don't think it's worth me putting in a support ticket, as it's probably user error.

Can anyone else see the entry?

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:11 pm

I think I figured it out. There's a 'publish' and 'unpublish' button. 'Unpublished' was checked for some reason.

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:44 pm

I do have a question though. I went into 'My blog' and saw there were 3 'unapproved comments' on my post. I read the titles, and clicked 'approve all' or something like that. Are we (as blog owners) in charge of approving or deleting what others say in response to our blogs? I just stumbled on that by accident.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 pm

A further followup..

Re. my earlier post, I assume I'm correct in that we are the editors of our own blogs. Meaning that we approve what comments we allow from other people. I say this because I've been doing that today and it seems to work for me.

Having said that, not everyone that has a blog (or might start one) will know this or how to do it. It's not an obvious thing to do, as I just walked Gary (Goldleaf) through how to do it on his blog. So I'll post our discussion here so it might help others. Can I suggest some kind of a 'sticky' about how to approve blog comments somewhere?

Here it is:
Gary
Did you leave a comment on my blog? I didn't see one. This is new to all of us so who knows. Gary

AcousticAl
It's kind of funny how blog comments work. YOU need to approve them for your blog. Go to 'Community'. Then 'My Blog'. Then you'll see a new screen. Then click on 'Comments'. Then you'll see everyone that has commented on your blog. YOU have to 'approve all' if you want. Try it out with my comment when you see it.

goldleaf
I just went there and saw the "approve all" and sure enough I now show 2 comments. Thanks again.

tovo

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:04 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

It's kind of funny how blog comments work. YOU need to approve them for your blog. Go to 'Community'. Then 'My Blog'. Then you'll see a new screen. Then click on 'Comments'. Then you'll see everyone that has commented on your blog. YOU have to 'approve all' if you want. Try it out with my comment when you see it.

goldleaf
I just went there and saw the "approve all" and sure enough I now show 2 comments. Thanks again.
Yes thanks Al. I was wondering about that as well so great that you worked that out.

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 pm

tovo wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

goldleaf
Yes thanks Al. I was wondering about that as well so great that you worked that out.
Thanks Al/Tovo, I just did that and didn't approve any of you cos you all putting pressure on me to post a vid (just kidding guys) Jeez something else we need to do. I might need to resign from work so i can do all this TG stuff

Thanks guys :P

mark

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:41 am

Thanks Al for working that out for us.

I think it would be best if comments were automatically approved and then the author could remove them if they wanted to.

As Al said somewhere (I think in his blog) there is an overwhelming number of places where you can put and find information.
There is the forum, blogs, personal messages, walls, groups, chat room and probably some other places I don't even know about.
I'm jusrt worried I might miss something :laugh:

jayswett

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 am

There is a chat room?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic