New Acoustic Genius Target Lesson set: A Chord Companion

TGMatt

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am

So folks in continuing the manic pace in which we are posting lessons for your entertainment and pleasure..Here is part 7 of the Acoustic genius series..

Introduction To Theory Part 7 Chord Companion

Complete Barre Chords I
Complete Barre Chords II
Complete Barre Chords III
Complete Barre Chords IV
Complete Open Chords I
Complete Open Chords II
Complete Open Chords III
Complete Open Chords IV

Enjoy folks..feel free to comment

Cheers

Matt

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Well Matt, you say feel free to comment, so I will comment!

Thank you guys so very much for all the hard work you have been puting in since the inception of this site. As you have said, you have surpassed the goal of songs per month you were shooting for. Also, these acoustic genious series are outstanding. Loving it all. I sincerely hope you guys will take some time off later this month to visit with Santa....lol you guys deserve it!

I have not posted a video yet, but will soon. but practicing with the lessons has truly improved my transcribing skills, which is what I am really working on right now. My goal is to become a bit more self-sufficient when it comes to that. I love that Neil gives us these great lessons, but I don't want to HAVE to rely on him for all my songs. The tools he (and all of you) are giving us are useful for so many things other than just playing the songs in the lessons.....

I always had fun with my guitar, but this community has really been beyond my expectations..... B)

Cheers!

MJ Image

Laszlo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Thank you for the new lesson: it is great... as always. You must be really busy, guys.

DBabsJr

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Great job. I really like the 2 different camera angles during the close ups of the chords. This place is becoming more and more compleat(sp).

TGMatt

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey all ...here is a more detailed description of the Chord companion

A Chord Companion
A Complete Collection of Common Guitar Chords

Overview

A Chord Companion is a series of lessons showing and demonstrating how to play all the chords commonly used on the guitar. There are two sets of four lessons; the first set deals with open chords and the second set goes over barre chords.

Compleat Open Chords I

This chapter starts with what Neil calls his Bakers’ Dozen- the first 14 open chords everyone should learn (he says there are 2 bakers in his family, hence the 14!). It includes all common major, minor, and seventh chords, as well as touching on diminished and augmented chords.

Compleat Open Chords II

The lesson continues with explanations of Major Seventh and Suspended Chords, and includes alternate fingerings for some of the chords in the previous chapter.

Compleat Open Chords III

Here we look at Power Chords, most commonly used in rock songs.

Compleat Open Chords IV

The last chapter on Open Chords discusses Inversions, chords with altered bass notes.

Compleat Barre Chords I

The first chapter on Barre Chords introduces the ‘E’ and ‘A’ Families of chord shapes and how the Roots of chords are related to notes on the 6th and 5th strings.

Compleat Barre Chords II

This chapter further explains the relationship between the Families and the Roots.

Compleat Barre Chords III

In this lesson, Neil goes over Reference Points, a way of remembering which chords are played at what frets.

Compleat Barre Chords IV

The last chapter looks at alternate fingerings for some Barre Chords, a beginner’s way of playing the ‘F’ chord using a partial barre, ninth chords, and touches on other Families of shapes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic