Hey all - Has anyone had a chance to check out the new lessons and songs yet ?

TGMatt

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:53 am

If so what are your thoughts so far ?..

We have more coming this week, and then some new songs in preperation for our break ...

So let me know

Cheers

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Matt, yes I have had a chance to check out some of the new stuff and it is fantastic, wonderful everything we could hope for. And I have to admit, it's also overwhelming! I can't keep up!! I spend way too much time at TG already ;-) and I still can't keep up. The site is truly fantastic. I reckon you could drip-feed us just a 1/4 of what you have delivered in the past 6 weeks and everyone here would be deliriously happy and fully occupied. So I don't know what to say. Maybe, slow down please ;-)!

Post Bear comment edit: Yeah Sultans of swing is just fantastic.... never thought I'd try that, now it seems within reach... Neil is making so many great songs accessible to me.

BigBear

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 am

Sultans of Swing was another GREAT song choice! Just a fantastic song that I never thought I had a chance of playing. But as usual, Neil does a brilliant job of breaking it down and making it approachable. Neil, you have a gift my friend!

The other song looks fun but my plate is pretty full right now so it may take awhile to get to. I'm still working on Windy and Warm!

The Chord Construction lessons continue a series of very solid, and practical, theory lessons that really raise the bar for hands-on, usable information. Most people demonstrating theory don't have Neil's gift for teaching. It makes all the difference!

Kudos to all of you! I can't wait to see what's next!!

Cheers! :cheer:

eagle670

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 am

The song choices this time around do not really interest me personally, but the theory info is fantastic. I'm with Bear that I have so much on my plate right now in just trying to learn a few Christmas tunes and refine what I was already working on, that I really can't tackle anything else. Keep up the good work guy's I am really looking forward as to what is coming down the road.

Kevin

lmc831

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 am

I am really enjoying learning "The Shades of Funk". I am really interested in learning fingerpicking songs. So, this one and many other songs are keeping me busy and happy. I hope to see more of this style here at TG. Thank you!

Lisa

mark

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:24 am

Yes I've been looking at Shades of Funk today.
Found it very useful.

As for the theory lessons, well I'm miles behind. Maybe I'll catch up a bit over christmas.

Don't slow down though, I enjoy seeing the new lessons coming on to the site

TGMatt

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 am

I've looked at all the new song lessons, but because I'm working on polishing (and learning) xmas songs I haven't dived into any of them yet. But, I know I will someday, and someone will soon. Every new song just provides another option that will appeal to another new member ... its just fantastic all of the options you guys have provided us. The theory stuff is also great.

Keep it coming, and many many thanks for delivering on your promises.

EDIT: looking at Barre chord lessons now -- these look great, but I did notice that it seems like lesson I and II are swapped. Lesson II is the broad overview, while I is the more focused lesson on the E and A family of chords.

aitch

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes. I'm putting Dust in the Wind on the backburner for Shades of Funk. I really like that tune and would enjoy some more "bluesy" stuff around that difficulty level.

And thanks for all the work y'all put into TG.

reiver

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey Matt,

The new songs are great...I particularly like Shades of Funk. It will be great fun to play and also improvise.

As for the Acoustic Genuis Series, well I think AGS is worth the price of admission alone!

Many thanks to You, Neil and the rest of the TG staff, Nancy

karl01

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:53 pm

I workig on Shades of Funk My goal of learning finger picking style is starting to pay off. One day I'll have master Windy and Warn. Keep the Fingerstyle and Theory comming.

Would love to see some old finger style blues.

Karl

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic