KRIS KRISTOFFERSON

mikaele

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm headed to a Kris Kristofferson concert at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center (MACC) in a couple of hours. I haven't seen Kris live since a concert in a smokey club on Cannery Row some twenty years ago. Bobby McGee was the first song I learned to play on the guitar. Anybody else love his music?

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:30 pm

mikaele wrote:
I'm headed to a Kris Kristofferson concert at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center (MACC) in a couple of hours. I haven't seen Kris live since a concert in a smokey club on Cannery Row some twenty years ago. Bobby McGee was the first song I learned to play on the guitar. Anybody else love his music?
I love Kris. Would love to hear him play "Sunday Morning Coming Down"!

Hope you have a great time!

MJ

reiver

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 pm

I saw Kris at the Glasgow Apollo in 1978 - great song writer. Have a great evening.

r

AndyT

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:04 am

You live in Hawaii?

mikaele

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:01 am

Home from the concert. At 73 Kris is still an icon. Needed help from the audience recalling a few lines of the lyrics, which only added to the charm of the evening. Just him and his guitar and harmonica.

Sunday Morning Coming Down was a highlight of the evening for me. The images evoked in his poetry are powerful. There was a different line that I hadn't heard in any of the recorded versions. Something about the taste in his mouth after having licked an ashtray. Not a pretty picture, but easy to relate to.

Yes, I live in Hawaii—after a lifetime of teaching in CA. Aloha.

jimbo58

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:54 am

Kris Kristofferson what a legend, and what a poet! I just love to sit down, close my eyes and listen to the magic poetry of casey's Last Ride.

willem

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:24 am

mikaele wrote:
Home from the concert. At 73 Kris is still an icon. Needed help from the audience recalling a few lines of the lyrics, which only added to the charm of the evening. Just him and his guitar and harmonica.

Sunday Morning Coming Down was a highlight of the evening for me. The images evoked in his poetry are powerful. There was a different line that I hadn't heard in any of the recorded versions. Something about the taste in his mouth after having licked an ashtray. Not a pretty picture, but easy to relate to.

Yes, I live in Hawaii—after a lifetime of teaching in CA. Aloha.
HOI from the Neterlands,,glad you enjoyed the concert...

AndyT

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:41 am

Very nice. I live on Oahu. That makes at least 2 of us in Hawaii active on TG. I have two friends with free accounts but they're not active.

jayswett

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Did he not write another classic song called Mr. Bojangles? I'm sure a google search would clear that up, but I'd rather hear about it on TG.

AndyT

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm

"Mr. Bojangles" is a popular pop song written and recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker in 1968 and covered by many other artists.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic