Greatest Male Vocalist list and Greatest Female Vocalist list

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am

Also in my top ten and yes she's been mentioned twice at least already. To date I haven't found a video of her singing this

AndyT

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 am

A beautiful young lady with a great voice.

temo44

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 am

I'm going to follow Chasplaya on the female voice. Tarja is a great vocalist!

johnrfeeney

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Male Don McLean Empty Chairs

Female Emylou Harris Boulder to Birmingham

wadestar

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Personally, I've always felt Robert Plant had the best rock and roll voice of all time, male or female. Croons pretty well too, at least with Alison Krauss.

wiley

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

cabro

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I've never been a big fan of females vocalists in rock and roll and get much grief from both my wife and daughter but this woman got my attention at an early age. I love her voice and Ann Wilson reminds me of her quite a bit. My two cents worth for female vocalist:

dennisg

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm

cabro wrote:
I've never been a big fan of females vocalists in rock and roll and get much grief from both my wife and daughter but this woman got my attention at an early age. I love her voice and Ann Wilson reminds me of her quite a bit. My two cents worth for female vocalist:

Yeah, that's Gracie Slick of Jefferson Airplane. Every guy I knew in the mid-'60s was totally in love for her.

- Dennis

TGMatt

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Im not going to say I can say who is the greatest ...here are some I truly love that have not been mentioned yet..including some "foreigners"
Yes Chas your country gets a run..

Just so you know..These songs are on my ipod permanently ...I hope some of these are new for you and they open a door..to me they are all very beautiful..

Swedish Magic..so underrated..still going strong...

Pavarotti...mixing it with Pop...Just spiffy...

An unusual choice maybe ...but I love his voice mixed with Aishwarya Rai

Just friggin great song...and what a voice.. Youssou N'Dour

To underscore the chat about Sarah Brightman..here is my altime favourite tune from her...

And here is one for Chas...what a voice..what a talent for years and years..

And another for Chas..possibly the greatest brother pairing of voices in history...big call ...yeah...Neil and Tim Finn..any song they have ever done..no shit..but here is one that doenst get a lot of play..

Thats a start

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Matt , the Finn brothers are underated this song is quite deep, all about family and the line 'Cause Every one I love is here' refers to the few occasions when that actually happens i.e. Funerals moslty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic