Do you ever just plain SUCK?!

eagle670

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:35 pm

dennisg wrote:
Since this is an international site, I think we should broaden Bear's domain. I nominate him to be our first Emperor of Suck. We are all your Minions of Suck.
Ohhh, I like that!

frybaby

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Suck-0-Rama

goldleaf

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:01 pm

I discovered a new guitar torture, Audacity, the free download software. It allows you to record your guitar straight into your PC and play it back just like you played it. Got that --- JUST LIKE YOU PLAYED IT. When it's one of those suckey days Audacity is not good for your mental health. You get to hear every little detail right back at you. The kinda good news is you just check the little "X" and re-record again, if you miss a note, just do it again and if you flub a chord, you just do it again. After about 1/2 hour of trying to record the same moderately easy/hard song it does make me wonder and a lot of other feelings related to suckingness at playing the guitar. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Great to hear you are getting to grips with Audacity Gary! Unforgiving, isn't it. :-)

Emperor Bear? No Bare Emperors please!

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm

goldleaf wrote:
I discovered a new guitar torture, Audacity, the free download software. It allows you to record your guitar straight into your PC and play it back just like you played it. Got that --- JUST LIKE YOU PLAYED IT. When it's one of those suckey days Audacity is not good for your mental health. You get to hear every little detail right back at you. The kinda good news is you just check the little "X" and re-record again, if you miss a note, just do it again and if you flub a chord, you just do it again. After about 1/2 hour of trying to record the same moderately easy/hard song it does make me wonder and a lot of other feelings related to suckingness at playing the guitar. Gary
Gary:

Very funny...... :)

Audacity is a very cool bit freeware to be sure. Glad you are getting a handle on it. It does more than I have ever needed to date, so I am a fan as well.

MJ

michelew

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:27 pm

BigBear wrote:
It's like my wife's favorite expression, "Men are idiots and my husband is their King"! :laugh:[/quote]

Hilarious - imagine a huge muttley laugh. Thank you Bear I needed that to wake me up.

chacho

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Back to the original question. No, I never just plain suck. I usually suck extraordinarily. Some spectacular element of failure is integrated to bring my suckiness up to a level some consider olympian.

It doesn't happen too often, but when it does there is nothing plain about it.

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm

dennisg wrote:
Since this is an international site, I think we should broaden Bear's domain. I nominate him to be our first Emperor of Suck. We are all your Minions of Suck.

- Dennis
Bigbear Grand Poobah of Suck, bring back the blue hats!

BigBear

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:55 am

michelew wrote:
BigBear wrote:
It's like my wife's favorite expression, "Men are idiots and my husband is their King"! :laugh:
Hilarious - imagine a huge muttley laugh. Thank you Bear I needed that to wake me up.[/quote]

Michele- I'm really glad I could put a smile on your face! :cheer:

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:11 am

No matter how bad we think we are-- at least we're not THIS guy!!

BTW- Time to play Spot the Celebrity!! Who does he remind you of?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic