to understand some humor//

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm

From an old Howie Mandel routine:

Two men walk into a bar..
Which is strange because you'd figure after the first man walked into it, that the second man would see it!!

The joke there is that everyone knows what is meant when you say 'Two men walk into a bar'. It means they went inside a place where you have a drink.

Howie took the saying literally and said that the men were walking into a metal bar-- or the wall of a bar or some such thing.

Funny to hear Howie tell it.

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Also, the big joke with Neil and Tom Petty is that Neil doesn't like Tom Petty-- but none of us know why-- although we have our suspicions. He keeps hinting that one day he'll tell us.. but I doubt it. :)

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:48 pm

The guy with the luggage handle was too funny! LOL Thanks for that one!

Willem, Humor is as humor does. It's usually some sort of play with words that mean one thing but are used to mean something else.

British humor does not count. It is too dry and therefore hard to swallow without water.

willem

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:07 pm

BigBear wrote:
wiley wrote:
Dennis;

I still find Hill, Benny funny!

As for 'sounds' being funny, Farts are ALWAYS funny! I believe they are even cross-culture!

Wiley, I thought that was true too so last night while my wife was sleeping I decided to test that theory. She woke up and almost threw me out of the house! She's still mad at me! I was just trying to play "Covered Wagon"!

I guess male humor is a little different. I thought I was hysterical!! :silly:
Bear, where you out of tune!!!!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

BigBear wrote:
wiley wrote:
Dennis;

I still find Hill, Benny funny!

As for 'sounds' being funny, Farts are ALWAYS funny! I believe they are even cross-culture!

Wiley, I thought that was true too so last night while my wife was sleeping I decided to test that theory. She woke up and almost threw me out of the house! She's still mad at me! I was just trying to play "Covered Wagon"!

I guess male humor is a little different. I thought I was hysterical!! :silly:
AS long as some of the Notes weren't covers!! Thinkabout it lol

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:15 pm

willem wrote:
Bear, where you out of tune!!!!
Willem,
Now THAT was funny! LOL

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:46 pm

As was the luggage handle video - hilarious! I love English humour similar to Aussie humour.

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Is there any good guitar humor out there/their/they're in internetland?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Got to hand it to you Willem.... we've had more fun on this site since you've been here. It's cracking my up seeing people explain it all to you when you've got the best sense of humour of all!

Love that Welsh guy and his luggage handle...... love the Redneck comedy show with Foxworthy and Co. Only sometimes found Benny hill funny... although I admit, to this day I still say:
"Why you not crapping?" and "You f ' coffee?" in a mock Chinese accent.

:woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic