Metronome, any suggestions?

Catman

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 pm

dennisg wrote:
Catman wrote:
This indication is both visual and aural, so a 4/4 beat would be "ping-tick-tick-tick-ping-tick-tick-tick".

David
Just to make sure I don't buy the wrong one, is the ping-tick-tick-tick in Hebrew or English?

- Dennis
That's American English (the doctor was purchased in the US).

Hebrew would be "Peeng-Teek-Teek-Teek....", which you wouldn't be able to understand :)

In all seriousness and uselessness, it also has a talk mode, and can say

"One-two-three-four" for quarter notes,
"One-and-two-and-three-and-four-and" for eighth notes
"One-eh-and-eh-two-eh-and-eh.." for 16th notes (and a Canadian atmosphere)

16th notes at 190 BPM is an excruciating auditory experience...

David

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Catman wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Catman wrote:
This indication is both visual and aural, so a 4/4 beat would be "ping-tick-tick-tick-ping-tick-tick-tick".

D
16th notes at 190 BPM is an excruciating auditory experience...

David
Excruciating auditory!! What springs to mind is Alvin and the Chipmunks, good even tempo in this one lol

I find my Korg MA 30 does enough for what I want and it was about $40NZ

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:31 pm

First beat indication and a Tap function are the two essential features on a metronome.

I was never big on TAP until I learned how to use it. It has made a big difference in getting the timing correct on songs that have no timing numbers. Just tap tap and you've got it.

stratman3

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks for everyones input, I never made to the store today to make my purchase, most likely tomorrow. I will check out the Sieko DM70, Bill suggestion, hopefully it has first beat indication, that sounds like it would be helpful. I am not sure what Tap is, but I will check it out.
I do know one thing, I will get an inexpensive Metronome, you never know,it could get accidently thrown against the wall, LOL.

jimcjimc

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Here is a cheap one (free), but with minimal features, you get what you pay for....

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic