Bose L1

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:53 pm

You need to actaully check out the specs on this as confusion exists here in the replies as you have a Bose L1 and a Bose LI, the one you refer to has a built in mixer, from the specs page:

The system's power stand includes an integrated bass speaker and amplifier, plus a built-in mixer providing a total of four inputs and two outputs.

Channel 1 is a microphone input with a customized ToneMatch preset for a handheld dynamic microphone. The preset automatically optimizes a handheld microphone's tone when used with the L1 Compact system. Channel 2 accepts up to three inputs at once, including a guitar, keyboard or other instrument, DJ mixer, MP3 player, laptop or projector. It features a customized ToneMatch preset to optimize the sound of an acoustic guitar.

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

This is true, but even the model above only had 2 channels, one voice one guitar. My amp has that. A PA should really handle more than 2 channels.

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:37 pm

wandoctor wrote:
This is true, but even the model above only had 2 channels, one voice one guitar. My amp has that. A PA should really handle more than 2 channels.
If you went to the next up the Bose L1 Model I Basic it has four inputs, but the cost is $1699 phew out of reach of this fella. It does have the ToneMatch, again from the site,

Four-channel mixer provides two mic/line input channels (1 and 2) that accept XLR and ¼" TRS connections; they feature ultra-low noise preamps, two-stage clip lights, trim controls and XLR line-out channels. Secondary input channels (3 and 4) accept ¼" unbalanced line-level sources.
Proprietary ToneMatch® presets on channels 1 and 2 optimize L1 system to match intended natural sound of specific instruments and microphones on channels 1 and 2.

What I like about the set up is its portability, but as before the cost is way out of reach for my needs.

There are cheaper options around

AndyT

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Go smaller at first. You can always buy something larger later on and you can always add an effects processor to it.

So go smaller at first, but not too small...

rbrisson

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I've owned both the Bose L1 and the AC60, and they're completely different amps: the Bose is a much larger and more powerful amp (750 watts vs 60 watts!!). People complain about the Bose prices, but I think they're justified. The build-quality and sound clarity of my Bose were first-rate. I mainly used my Bose in my living room, and the sound was other-worldly. I also used it in large halls, and people couldn't believe that the sound was coming out of that narrow tower. My AC60 is a fine practice amp in my living room, but you can't compare it with the Bose. If you can afford the difference in price, then the Bose is worth every penny and more. If I regularly performed professionally, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Bose as my primary performance amp.

dekotaj

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Thank you.

tovo

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm

I just wanted to add to this thread on Bose. I have a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones. Nice but really expensive, around 500US bucks where I come from. Anyway, I made the mistake of leaving them out and one of my little criminals broke them...badly.

So I sent them off to Bose for repair, expecting a huge bill...they were out of warrantly and it doesn't cover child damage anyway.

Bose replaced them with a new pair. No questions asked. Sure, they are expensive, but Bose have a hard earned reputation for quality (of course there are MUCH better systems but they cost squillions) and that reputation means something to them. I've also told everyone about the great service, including all you guys now, so it's smart marketing as well.

Quality costs but often it's worth it.

AndyT

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Tony, Don't you have one of those back yard jail cells to keep the kids in when they're not sleeping?

tovo

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

AndyT wrote:
Tony, Don't you have one of those back yard jail cells to keep the kids in when they're not sleeping?
Good idea!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic