Breaking News!! Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to Change rules!!

BigBear

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which should be called the Hall of Shame, is a complete and utter joke! Where have these idiots been the last 30-40 years?

Professor Longhair is in, but no Moody Blues or Jethro Tull! The Talking Heads certainly were more influence than Yes, or John Mellen camp was certainly a much bigger influence than Journey, Blind Faith, Bad Company, the Guess Who, and Grand Funk Railroad.

Of course Steppenwolf, with arguably the biggest hit of all time, or certainly one of the most played doesn't deserve induction! And Hank Marvin and the Shadows didn't make it and no mention of the Zombies. Even Three Dog Night had a much bigger impact on the music scene in the 60's than most of these clowns!

Richie Valens had exactly two hits before his untimely death. How many have most of the bands listed above had?

The Hall of Shame offends my sensibilities. I hope if and when some of these major bands that didn't get mentioned ultimately receive a nod that they tell the Hall to shove it!!

There's may rant for the day! Aaaahhhhhh, I feel much better! :cheer:

p.s. Did I mention Styx? I think they had a couple of hits too. Or the Alan Parsons Project?? Idiots!!!!

Moondog

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Wow its not often that Bear and I are on the same page but I'm with you on this one brother. There are so many bands that should have been in there long ago. It doesn't matter if you like there music or not there is no denying the impact that KISS had on American Pop Culture. They had there own cartoon, movie, and there name is on everything from breath mints to condoms. I love music but I will never ever go to the R&R hall of fame.

Mike

BRBbrb

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm

So glad you mentioned Heart; Nancy's the reason I picked up a guitar! Yeah; it is the Hall of Shame - thanks for the story Chas!

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:24 am

HOw about creating the TotallyGuitars Hall Of Fame, and I don't mean for members I mean for thos guitarists/musicians we believe are deserving of such acclaim.

Don't know how exactly it could work on here , along the competition voting lines I imagine.

Post your thoughts on this

AndyT

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 am

It must have a voting system otherwise we would just be adding people willy nilly.

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 am

AndyT wrote:
It must have a voting system otherwise we would just be adding people willy nilly.
Hmm might need a separate thread for this concept, what do you reckon?

AndyT

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 am

Yeah, put it in the Off Topic section. It's still music but not directly guitar related.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic