Breaking News!! Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to Change rules!!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 am

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame May Change Induction Rules
January 4, 2010 5:35 p.m. by Chris Bosman

Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has a lot of notable snubs, from KISS to Todd Rundgren, from Rush to Cheap Trick, and countless others. Somehow Jann Wenner, the co-founder and publisher of Rolling Stone and the Hall of Fame's head honcho, believes that he can't find enough quality groups to make the Hall of Fame candidates over the next few years interesting.

Instead of rectifying the various snubs, Wenner and the Hall's latest idea is to change the rules for induction into the Hall. Currently the rules state that a band's first album has to have been released a minimum of 25 years ago to be eligible, but the Hall is considering reducing that number to 20, which would allow in groups like Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, Guns N Roses and Nirvana, among others.

It seems a bit ridiculous to be considering changing the rules when they are so many influential rock and roll artists still left out of the Hall, but it seems Wenner and the Hall are more concerned with grabbing viewers for the induction ceremony, younger viewers who are emotional invested in the aforementioned bands, than actually rectify the problem of Chubby Checker not being in the Hall. [The Daily Swarm]

Thanks to Bill aka haoli25 for pointing this out.

wadestar

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 am

Wow first Neil Diamond Now Chubby Checker! Come on all it is, is a hall of records...or should I say CD's now.

AndyT

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:54 am

I think we should write a song about them and get tons of airplay on the net.

"Rock and Roll Hall breaks guitars...." Ummm... maybe a different tune... LOL

Really though. What about a boycott of them? I'm sure if they lost a few $$ they would pay more attention to the people that really matter.

haoli25

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:38 am

Here's the lsit of who is IN and who is OUT at the Hall of Fame. (Sorry Chris, don't look fo the Moody Blues. :) )

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/alphabetical-list/

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah Bill, that says everything about the Hall Of Shame.... if the Moody Blues are not in then what the **** are they doing!
(**** = Rock) ;-).

hasben

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am

Chris,
I agree with you totally! Moody Blues not in RR hall of fame? What the F? I didn't see Jethro Tull either. But what I did see were a lot of obscure artists-- not in itself all that bad-- and very "minor" artists.. eg Loving Spoonfull. Don't get me wrong, there are hundreds if not thousands of "Nashville Cats" that are not included, but come on, Loving Spoonfull vs. Moody Blues? Legacy counts. How many songs since the 70's or so have you listened to and heard echos of the Moody Blues? How many have you heard that reminded you of the Lovin'? Nuph said.
fred

haoli25

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 pm

I am also surprised that Cheap Trick, Heart, Hall & Oates, etc. have not made it either. There seems to be no rhyme or reason (John Denver too) to who gets in and who doesn't.

Bill

tovo

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Who are the Moody Blues?? ;)

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

tovo wrote:
Who are the Moody Blues?? ;)
I believe they are a bunch of disgruntled Swiss blokes!! :laugh:

AndyT

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm

It's all politics anyway. I hate politics. Did you know that there is a law in the US that allows a politician to lie during his campaign? It's to keep him from being prosecuted for not keeping campaign promises. Any country with that kind of law is on its way down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic