The New 'Blackie' (Claptons old axe for the uninformed)

hasben

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 pm

I guess "splendid" would have been a better word. Yes, I can just hear the keyboards singing all over the old empire right now.

OK: I do have a serious question. I know you a Scot by birth and was just wondering if cricket is big north of Northumberland??

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm

hasben wrote:
I guess "splendid" would have been a better word. Yes, I can just hear the keyboards singing all over the old empire right now.

OK: I do have a serious question. I know you a Scot by birth and was just wondering if cricket is big north of Northumberland??
No its not big at all, Scotland do have a team though and play credible Twenty20 and another variation which takes one day.

AndyT

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Poor Dennis... He had some choice remarks and felt they did not belong here so he struggled with himself to not post things like, "That's not Clapton! That's a weird English chap with an oven paddle'. and other goodies. Of course, I would never actually post what's really going thru his mind, that would just destroy his whole reason for being self-controlled.

dennisg

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

AndyT wrote:
Poor Dennis... He had some choice remarks and felt they did not belong here so he struggled with himself to not post things like, "That's not Clapton! That's a weird English chap with an oven paddle'. and other goodies. Of course, I would never actually post what's really going thru his mind, that would just destroy his whole reason for being self-controlled.
Must ... not ... post ...

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm

LOL ... it just goes to shoe that sometimes what's not said is hilarious! I guess you're left with your own warped sense of humour. My partner laughs hardest at her own jokes . 'Own joke high' we call it. Sometimes I find her just walking round the house cracking herself up. It's a good thing one of us has a sense of humour.

On re-reading this I'm wondering if I'm setting someone up. But, you are all so nice and sweet that I just know I have nothing to worry about.... :unsure: :silly:

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 pm

michelew wrote:
LOL ... it just goes to shoe that sometimes what's not said is hilarious! I guess you're left with your own warped sense of humour. My partner laughs hardest at her own jokes . 'Own joke high' we call it. Sometimes I find her [sup]1[/sup]just walking round the house cracking herself up. It's a good thing one of us has a sense of humour.[sup]2[/sup]

On re-reading this I'm wondering if I'm setting someone up. But, you are all so nice and sweet that I just know I have nothing to worry about.... :unsure: :silly:
In my sweet little voice... Chas says;

1. Do you lose her often?

2. Plus if she's the one cracking up she must be the one with the sense of humour (humor for Bear)

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
michelew wrote:
LOL ... it just goes to shoe that sometimes what's not said is hilarious! I guess you're left with your own warped sense of humour. My partner laughs hardest at her own jokes . 'Own joke high' we call it. Sometimes I find her [sup]1[/sup]just walking round the house cracking herself up. It's a good thing one of us has a sense of humour.[sup]2[/sup]

In my sweet little voice... Chas says;

1. Do you lose her often?

2. Plus if she's the one cracking up she must be the one with the sense of humour (humor for Bear)

1 - well she loses it quite often...

2 - she is definitely the one with the sense of humour/humor - I guess that makes me her 'straight man' - hmmm ... maybe not!

dekotaj

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Dennis ,be careful,If you bite your tongue to hard you will find it hard to sing that next song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic