The opposite of "I Suck"

MarkM

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:15 pm

A little on a lighter note this evening (NH time that is). Well we had, and beat to death, the I Suck thread. I usually live in that moment/self critism all day every day. Well................ This evening I snuck back up to my guitar after dinner. Still in Double Drop D (Did I mention that I'm lazy). I had seen all of the great updates going on tonight and there were many. Work week is done and the stress that goes with it. Head was clear and sober (at least for the moment). So I started in with the Loaner/Cinnamon Girl thing again and everything clicked!!! I mean clicked. What the heck was this?!?!?. I slowed the tempo down a bit and just let the song go. Actually sang with it :) :) . Maybe that helped. I don't know. Anyway I was hammering on those poor strings like nobody's business. Did I get it on video. )(#*$)#()@#(&_ NO. Too late to now though.

So with that said "Did Ya ever have one of these I'm awesome moments?" I'm pretty sure I'll be crap again tomorrow but man for a brief 20 mintues tonight it was sweet...... :woohoo:

Did I mention that I'm sober...............

MarkM

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 pm

KInda reminds me of a joke Image

Just kidding, if you can actually see the cartoon! I've had those moment went rushing for the CAm or someone to listen to me and guess what everyone is out and the batteries are flat!!

AndyT

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Yep. Been there done that. A few times now. The better I get, the more often that happens. 'scuse me while I go practice for my next one... LOL

wrench

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Where's the camera when you need it? I don't at all question your claim, however. I have been amazed at several of your stellar videos. And I do think it very likely you could turn in a memorable performance of The Loner. A really fun song.

MarkM

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Ya know. Just screwing around playing those songs without the camera on and just for me is what probably did it. That and the fact that the stars, moon, planets were aligned and it was a 47F degree day in NH today on the 15 of January. Tomorrow's another day and I'm sure this will all be a dream......

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic