For TG Matt

BobR

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:50 pm

I watched the 1st 2010 Live yesterday( Sunday). Great start to the new year. Matt, first time I saw you, real good job. Just wanted to say I am so glad to have found this TG place. And as far as spelling goes I try to get it right, but if I don't I really don't care. Keep up all the great stuff you're doin'

Bob

jim56

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm

BobR wrote:
I watched the 1st 2010 Live yesterday( Sunday). Great start to the new year. Matt, first time I saw you, real good job. Just wanted to say I am so glad to have found this TG place. And as far as spelling goes I try to get it right, but if I don't I really don't care. Keep up all the great stuff you're doin'

Bob
I agree with Bob! TG is lightyears ahead of the competition.

TGMatt

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Thx for all the kind words...

The reality is I am not such a bad speller as a bad gramatist, or worse a lazy one..

I use 4 different laptops to type messages, all have different keyboards, and I use my iphone to respond to 50% of the messages, which has a digital keyboard with auto correction from hell, combine this with the lack of checking I do of any kind before hitting send, and time constraints, a couple of rules based gramatical issues I never stop to work on getting right, and I never use spell check here, and the differnces in spelling between some Australian use and US use...plus I am an easy target right..

But it truly doesn't matter , what is important is what is truly important...Health, family, friendships, things that bring you joy..and for some that includes being critical of others...

To be fair , their (there) is also a way to say something that is critical, I am now at the point, where anyone starts a thread or sentence with..."you suck....it is the worst ever, etc etc, "...I ignore....I just have no time for people anymore who may have something useful to add in terms of feedback , but choose to say it in a way that is derisive, negative, and generally ungrateful...and they can be 100% right...I just choose at this point in my life to ignore it, and continue chipping away at the things I know will make a difference to you guys...

I can guarantee you that the effort I leave on the table in terms of this little stuff..I redirect in ways that will show for the community over time, as I believe we have proven retrospectively...and we have received some great praise for..

We have a long way to go...what is amusing is from day one we have been practicing CANI (the art of constant and never ending improvement), for the engineers here , Edwards Demming coined the phrase, and taught the Japanese manufacturing scene. For some we just don't focus on what they want , or were not quick enough,or its not the order they would have done, or whatever...but we know, I know a thousand things I want to fix or improve, or add, and daily we get new requests on top of old ones....this is not new news...I just have a different agenda which has got us this far, and focuses on stuff that I know makes the real difference..

New people arrive here, and don't see the daily modifications, or don't realize we understand clearly we have a lot to do...but it is always the way they say it that counts for me...not what they say...

Oldtimers who just are computer illiterate (rather than just illiterate like me ) , and choose to not attempt to use the system like the thousands who somehow manage to then make a noise in a way that is condescending and negative...well your loss....and I am now deaf and illiterate ...(at least to that archetype)

If you are reading this message for the first time, and have issues with how to get around and take advantage ....thats cool...we have a new training page coming soon, some upgraded features and tweaks but here is the kicker.and it is not our genius that you can be grateful for...It is the 100's of incredibly good people on this site, who love that they are part of the creation process...and want you to be happy here too...and all you have to do is ask .....

Ask in a friendly open and happy way...hey Im confused...help pls...not "this site is shit...fix it"...but hey all, we could improve this dont you think, hey by the way how do I use xyz..and I guarantee you the heavens will open up and shower you with Tovo's and Chas's, and Bear's, and Joe's and Al's and Nick's and everyone else who I know and watch ..help you...(so a secret nod from me to you all by the way)

Rest assured folk...we are on the path...I am working my clacker off this year to make this a little better each day...

One example of the search bar - we have already made a ton of changes and it is working nicely...still some stuff to do, but give it a try, its pretty neat...more on its way..

Looking forward to your continued support, messages, feedback and general happy thoughts..

Cheers

Matt

dennisg

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm

You're doing an incredible job, Matt, but please don't wear out your clacker. Whatever that is.

MarkM

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Matt,

I'll keep it simple.

A heart felt thank you for you and the rest of the team here!!!

MarkM

Catman

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 am

Matt,

You're dong a great job which is much appreciated. And to put things in proportion...

goldleaf

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 am

Matt, I've said it at least a half dozen times, TG has been a genuine gift to my life. At a time when I had to cut back work because of medical problems and hadn't played my guitar, for more than 20 or 30 minutes every 3 or 4 months for over 30 years, TG got me back into something I love, music. I always look forward to not only learning new songs but interacting with new friends and genuinely nice people. You and Neil and the rest of the TG team are the whole cause of TG even being. Nuff said, your friend, Gary

willem

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 am

Matt, i know you do your best for us,,,we all are warm and happy here,,thanks..

ncsurfer

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 am

Matt,

I've got a tall frosty beer here waiting for you and your friends at TG if you ever make it to the "right" coast (as opposed to the "left" coast). A bonfire on an unpopulated barrier island could be arranged to test those campfire tunes in their natural habitat, and the ocean is actually warm in the summer here.
A sandy beach on a summer night playing music with friends is the best therapy I can prescribe to stress.
I am serious about the invite,and if there are any members out there thinking of visiting the southeastern coast of North Carolina, bring your guitar and a smile and look me up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic