For TG Matt

heyjoe

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:57 am

Hello Matt

Watched the Season 2 Episode 1 TG Live yesterday, as good as ever.

Just wanted to show you this, after your comment about getting grief about your spelling, if people moan about it in the future, show them this, from Cambridge University
Can you raed tihs?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt
Spelling doesn't matter after all, and our brains can do a lot more than we think they can.

Really enjoyed what you said on the webinar, made a lot of sense and gave me a lot to think about. I'm glad that the people on TG have been able to make you smile, you've certainly helped us.

Hope you're having a good day.

Joe

michelew

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 am

That is phenomenal! I've never seen that before.

I must go and watch the end of TG Live now. I only got the beginning of Matt talking before I had to leave.

Neil, Matt and the TG crew, I enjoyed the last webinar - as always. THanks.

tovo

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 am

People who spend all their time on line pointing out spelling and grammar errors need to find some new hobbies I think. Trying to make yourself feel superior at other people's expense is very mean spirited. Fortunately those people are few and far between on this site. Nice post Joe.

wrench

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 am

Great post, Joe.

The Cambridge research validates how we operate here on the TG Forum - we know and respect the important, and all else is subject to well-intended fun. When you think about it, there are entire cultures that could learn a thing or two from TG. Hey, Matt is the founder of a great civilization!

wrench

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 am

Joe, that text was in Klingon! Of course we all understand Klingon. Matt writes in Klingon so we all have no problem ;-).

If any of you want to know more about the kind of stuff Joe has pointed out, you should read Steven Pinker: "The Language Instinct" and "How The Mind Works", these two books will explain all and are in fact so crammed full of insights and facts about how we humans think, communicate and function, that you will be re-reading them constantly because it's too much to take on board quickly. Utterly fascinating! Thanks for putting a light on that again Joe.

And Dan is absolutely correct, the community we have here is the envy of the entire net! And we will be forever grateful to Matt and Neil for creating the TG planet we live on. There you go, PLANET TG, that's what this place is!

dekotaj

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 am

Hey Joe,thats kind of scary,I read better this way.

kvien.

Tpye better to.

haoli25

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:26 am

As it was once mentioned before, TG is a guitar site, not a grammar and spelling site. Anyone that concentrates on such trivial stuff, is obviously missing the focus on guitar playing. Maybe the 'Spelling Police' are trying to mask a lack of guitar skills.

Bill

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 am

Joe:

I had seen this a few times. Always makes me smile. It is pretty amazing how our gray matter works......

For Matt: The meaning is always clear mate! Keep up the great work!

MJ

hasben

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 am

Joe, that was great! Early on, at the beginning of my adventure on this forum, I came dangerously close to starting a war; but I was advised-- well, I think-- by more experienced members that some battles are best left unfought. Before anybody gets me wrong, I fall solidly on the side of "what ever works works". communication is much more than a dictionary. Sometimes, that is what a guitar is for. (and yes, I know about dangling my participle).

Fred

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Joe, that text was in Klingon! Of course we all understand Klingon. Matt writes in Klingon so we all have no problem ;-).

And Dan is absolutely correct, the community we have here is the envy of the entire net! And we will be forever grateful to Matt and Neil for creating the TG planet we live on. There you go, PLANET TG, that's what this place is!
You want Klingon...

ghobe' [worries] [Matt] maH muSHa' SoH

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic