What is the "sound track to your life"?

AndyT

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm

MJ, Dare I ask who is Willie?

BRBbrb

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Love "Ridin the Storm Out" unplugged! Never heard that version. They were the only band that came here back in the day before our civic center was built. We had a RKO Orpheum Theatre; saw REO probably 6 times & that was always the finale. Oh & Chris - wow, those were the good ole days.

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Interesting thread. I wrote down a few songs that are forever imprinted on my mind. Every time I hear these songs, old memories are brought to the surface. This is a short list- top of my head stuff.

'Top of the World' by the Carpenters. I sang this for my family in my living room at a very young age.

'Daniel' by Elton John. My older brother moved to San Diego while I was still very young. He was a huge EJ fan as am I because of him.

'Forgot to be a Lover' by Billy Idol. We had a HUGE airband contest in highschool and I did this song with some friends. Amazing memories. I was billy. Think I've got the video kicking around here somewhere.. B)

'Stairway to Heaven'. Teen dances. Need I say more?

'Sometimes it Snows in April' by Prince. A teenage girlfriend of mine died in a car crash. She was crazy about Prince and all of his songs make me think of her- but this one in particular. I couldn't find the original, but this is good too.

'Every Time You Go Away'. One of my wife's and my songs when we first met.

Last one.
'Home' by Michael Bublé. Every time I hear that song, I think of my work now, and how nice it is when I come back home.

Sorry for how long this is- and if this isn't what Hasben meant when he created this thread.

BRBbrb

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm

@Al; you got some gems! I chose "Daniel" as one of my son's middle names because the song is so beautiful. Karen Carpenter what a voice. & "Stairway"; the song we all wish we had written. ;)

BRBbrb

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Stand by Me

Sound track to the film

reminds me of my childhood

Top film top tunes

RicksPick
This is my youngest's favorite movie also!

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 am

Two tunes keep cropping up in my life for various reasons, not sure they are the soundtrack to my lifebut they keep on happening :

Maybe cos it expresses freedom or somthing profound like that...

The there is this one, and maybe just cos...

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 am

This is a great idea for a thread.

I think that any one person could combine multiple series of songs
that represent a "soundtrack" to their/there/they're life (hi Matt!).

And the longer you've been around ... you know, maybe it's better to keep it in digestible bits and not spill it all out at once.

So this is one part of a version of a "soundtrack" for myself:

For all songs here, a youtube version is shown for presentation,
but it's worth checking out the real recording.

1)
The day I discovered that you could get "shivers down my backbone":
- in 8th grade (1970), a friend invited me to his house when his parents were out
and played:

Deep Purple - "Child in Time" (must be played as loud as possible, of course).

2)
Maybe a year later, I was ready for counterculture:

John Lennon - "Working Class Hero"

3)

Next, part of a longer philosophy lesson done "athletically"
(youngsters pay attention, this is just a part, the original lasts around 40 minutes):

Jethro Tull - "Thick As a Brick"

... so, three is company I guess, to be continued, maybe

AndyT

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 am

Have to add this one to mine...

And as much as I hate to admit it, this one also...

dekotaj

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 am

WOW Chas,Never heard of Peter Green before man that song could haunt a person soul,Great song

And cosmicmechanic,Deep purple,MR Richie blackmore.My brother was a huge fan of the purple,Me to,but just to be a little different,I would make him share record time with Uriah Heep.

BRBbrb you said,We had a RKO Orpheum Theatre; saw REO probably 6 times & that was always the finale.MAN we must live in the same town i seen them every year on new years at the RKO Orpheum Theatre.In Davenport Iowa.Aint that strange.

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 am

AndyT wrote:
MJ, Dare I ask who is Willie?
Andy:

Hopefully this won't get me in the dog house. It is meant in jest. Thought it was a funny song......

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic