Nevrfoundthetime: Soundtrack To My Life

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:20 am

The Beatles kick started the Mersey Beat sound (The Mersey is the river Liverpool is built around)and Gerry and The Pacemakers' Ferry Cross the Mersey and You'll Never Walk Alone became true Liverpool anthems. Half my family come from "The Pool" so it's a big attachment for me.

Having the Liverpool accent (Scouse) was required to be genuine Mersey Beat sound. And frankly, I'll be amazed if anyone outside of GB ever heard of this girl, but she's pur 'Pool.... Cila Black (real name was Pricsilla White, duh!):

sws626

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Having the Liverpool accent (Scouse) was required to be genuine Mersey Beat sound. And frankly, I'll be amazed if anyone outside of GB ever heard of this girl, but she's pur 'Pool.... Cila Black (real name was Pricsilla White, duh!):
You're kidding, right Chris? Surely anyone who had a radio in the sixties has Cila Black's recording of this tune etched into their brains -- and now downloaded onto their iPod. (Sorry, Dionne, but Cila's version rocks).

Never realized she was from Liverpool, though.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 am

Hard to say what travelled over the ocean and what not Stuart. My mate Tony hadn't even heard Question by the Moody Blues!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic