Tax Time

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

In NZ filing of a tax return is no longer compulsory, in the past sometimes it was a rebate sometimes you had to pay extra. The GOvt thought that the tax take was virtually balanced and thereofore neutral to them but at an admin cost! SO now tax returns are voluntary (personal tax only) if you have a business, different story. So due to fact I pay my ex child support I don't file a return cos its more than likely i'd end up paying extra

AndyT

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 pm

The land of Kiwi's is suddenly sounding like a tax haven...

If all the disgruntled US citizens would just move, the 'Gubment' might have to take notice and fix the problem.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm

AndyT wrote:
The land of Kiwi's is suddenly sounding like a tax haven...

If all the disgruntled US citizens would just move, the 'Gubment' might have to take notice and fix the problem.
Stand By to repel boarders!!!

AndyT

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:12 pm

No worries Chas. Thanks to our wonderful 'Gubment' nobody has the money to move!

haoli25

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm

It doesn't matter, moving to another country does NOT exclude a U.S. citizen from paying U.S. income tax.

I have a friend that has lived in Switzerland for the last 13 years. He still gets an annual letter from the U.S. government demanding a share of his income. I won't tell you what he has written in his replies to them.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic