Hawaii: Where and why????????????

AndyT

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 am

Poi is part of the original Polynesian diet and as such, has become a staple here. Sort of like spam. God knows why...

You can actually stay in Kona fairly cheaply if you forego the 5 Star 5 Diamond hotels. When I stay over in Kona, I use Uncle Billy's. Decent rooms, fair price, (around $120/night) The food is good all over and you can walk most everywhere you want to go in Kona. Its not a huge town yet, but they're working on it. I much prefer Hilo anyway. Better weather, and less vog. Yeah, VOG. Thats what we call the Volcano fumes. Volcano Fog. The weather guys call it 'haze'. Yeah, right. LOL

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:53 am

Music Junkie

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks guys! Kauai is what we were leaning towards so far ( a bit too country is right up my alley). My bosses have both been several times and recommended it highly. Said it was a very beautiful place. I am just thinking about a 6 yr old and a 9 yr old and what they would like as well. I figure if I give them a beach to play on, it will be good. So, I think any island is going to be fine for them. The Polynesian cultural center sounds interesting. Pearl Harbor is very high on my list! The music festival would also be very fun for us. I might need to rethink this, and see if we can extend it a bit and maybe stay on two islands before leaving.......

I know it is paradise, but any thoughts on the best time of year to go????

Thanks again!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic