Boy from OZ and the city of churches, and Tovo's neighbour (sic)beats Federer and Chris from Swiss.?

TGMatt

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Sunday, 24 January 2010
2010 Australian Open: Roger Federer vs Lleyton Hewitt Betting Odds: Top-seeded Swiss Roger Federer [-1000 ML] continues to prove why he is the world’s number one, as he easily moves on to the fourth round of the Australian Open. He will face none other than former world number one and hometown favorite, Lleyton Hewitt [+600 ML] with a chance to move on to the 2010 Australian Open Betting Odds quarterfinals.

The 15-time Grand Slam champ and the 2-time GS winner are scheduled to meet sometime around 3:30 AM ET (12:30 AM PT) on Monday morning at Rod Laver Arena on ESPN-2. Federer recently defeated Albert Montanes of Spain in the third round, and defeated him 6-3, 6-4, 6-4. “Obviously as the draw goes further the matches will get harder but physically I’m fine, mentally I’m refreshed and that’s how you want to be heading into the second week,” explained Federer.

Australian Lleyton Hewitt moved on to the fourth round, after Marcos Baghdatis threw in the towel due to a shoulder injury. Baghdatis suffered the injury in the second set of their match Saturday. Hewitt was leading 6-0, 4-2. According to a very confident Aussie, this is the perfect time to take on the mighty Fererer.

“Yeah, in terms of my ball‑striking, absolutely,” he said. “I took it up another notch tonight, which was great. I hit the ball as well as I have hit it in a long time. It's not gonna be easy against Rog. It's not going to be easy. I'll be ready come Monday.”

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 am

Federer 3, Hewitt 0. Yawn!
;-)

TGMatt

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:44 am

Yeah he got crushed mate

But I had a small hope..remember he was a champion as well, and for quite some time..Roger was on fire..have to say that one of the nicest people I ever met was a tennis player..he lived in Noosa where I was at the time Pat rafter..Did u ever get to meet him..??..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 am

I've met Roger a couple of times and have been following his career since he was a junior. He's the perfect sportsman/icon, very authentic. I liked Rafter's character, Agassi mentions him positively in his book, OPEN (which I highly recommend). Watching Nadal/Murrey right now, this is a cracker of a game... Nadal ahead but both look on top of their game. Federer against Davidenko could have been the final of this tournament... 50/50 chance for both. Djokovic has the "easy" draw and should make the final. Nadal is looking really good here, so it's hard to say who I'd put money on this time.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 am

This is unreal, they stopped the match so that Melbourne can set off pyrotechnics to celebrate Australia day.... smart move in one of the driest regions of the world... maybe the entire country won't burn to the ground and the match can continue! Crazy Ozzies!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 am

Double post

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:11 am

Well Nadal had to give up injured at 0:2 Sets and 0:3 games down in the 3rd. Now that is a great shame because the start of this match was fantastic, monster tennis! This is a re-occurrence of Nadal's knee injury which put him out last year.... I reckoned then that with his hard physical game that it could well be the beginning of the end... you can't play THAT kind of tennis on a dodgy knee. This is tragic and really could mean the end of Nadal who has worked so hard to come back and come back at the top of his game. What a set back. It's not like a muscle injury that you can rest and recover from... knees wear out and then that's it. Let's hope not but I fear it is a place that even he cannot come back from.

So Murray has just upped his chances greatly. Ozzie Open is always great to watch.

TGMatt

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 am

Roger is going to have to create a miracle Im afraid Chris..Seems he played his top game against Hewitt

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 am

There's your miracle Matt: survived the 2nd set against a Davidenko playing out of this world first set to turn him over 3:1. That's Fedi!
That could have been the final: the World Nr.1 against the player in top form for the past 2 months. Anyway,e ach game from now on in is tough. Just never bet against Federer in a Grand Slam. Nice Day!

TGMatt

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:58 am

Quite the match...

Im glad I like Roger..

Pat is an awesome guy...truly a good sport...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic