Big Apple Computer Event!

TGMatt

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Well I will grab one on day one...as I did everything else...and I havn't drunk the coolaide..I can see how this could be great for TG...as a first second and third gen iphone user, and first mover on the kindle, I can see this being the ultimate travel machine..

dennisg

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Well I will grab one on day one...as I did everything else...and I havn't drunk the coolaide..I can see how this could be great for TG...as a first second and third gen iphone user, and first mover on the kindle, I can see this being the ultimate travel machine..
I'm with you on that observation, Matt. I'm now officially in lust mode, and I don't even own an iPhone. As much as you travel, this thing would be a godsend. 10 hours of video on a 10-inch screen. Darn near full-size keyboard. Multi-touch versions of iWork apps. Half-inch thick and 1.5 pounds.

Starting in about 60 days, you're going to be seeing a lot of netbooks and Kindles on eBay.

hasben

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Dennis, my Kindle won't be one e-bay soon. I have not yet read all the books Amazon offers, but I'm working on it. Plus, the Kindle is paid for. :)
Fred

tovo

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Dennis sent me the link so I was in the loop as events unfolded..thanks Dennis. I had to laugh at one guy's comment, to quote from memory: "Last time a tablet got this much attention it had commandments written on it". Pretty funny I thought.

dennisg

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 pm

tovo wrote:
Dennis sent me the link so I was in the loop as events unfolded..thanks Dennis. I had to laugh at one guy's comment, to quote from memory: "Last time a tablet got this much attention it had commandments written on it". Pretty funny I thought.
That line made me laugh, too. I'm guessing he came to the event armed with that one.

tovo

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 pm

dennisg wrote:
tovo wrote:
That line made me laugh, too. I'm guessing he came to the event armed with that one.
I'm guessing you're right...but he still got in first with it so kudos to him buddy!

By the way...I'm sitting in Brisbane Mall on a balmy Queensland morning waiting to start work, sipping latte, watching the pretty girls go by and typing on my Mac (that's just a vane attempt to keep my comments loosely linked to the thread). Life is good.

d_dog

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Oh ya, I want one! A video camera would be cool, front facing so you could do video chat and or post guitar videos easily. I think I'd pass on the extra $130 for the 3G radio. My iPhone is good enough for my mobility needs, a WiFi only iPad would suffice for me. Not sure about how much storage I'd want. It seems so easy to move files on and off the device via iTunes I don't think I'd care to have the max. 64GB of storage, you can always get a 32GB SD card, which many of us have already, for under a $100. I'll have to mull that one over for the next 60 days. Still a real bummer that there is still no multi-tasking/background apps. I seem to get by ok without it on my iPhone but I do wish it had it now and again, and probably even more so with a more useful device like this. The fact that they made iLife apps is KILLER! And they're only $9.99 each, that's just awesome! I can not wait to see the apps that start rolling out for this thing. I am with dennisg on this one, we haven't even seen the iceberg yet.

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Hmm but will it fit in my back pocket? Still using my Treo...

TGMatt

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:20 am

TGMatt

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:25 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic