Help me decide- should I go over to the dark side??

heyjoe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:16 am

Hey all

Hope you can help me with a quandry I've been having recently.

Here's the deal, I've noticed an error on the site, not a big error, but a tiny little, some would say insignificant error, and part of me wants to report it to Matt or Neal or one of the behind the scencs guys.

Now if it was anything else, I would, but here's the thing, its a spelling mistake....not in the forum, but on the main site...part of me wants to tell someone, and the other part of me is screaming "leave it alone, you don't want to start down the road to becoming a spelling n-zi" (can I say that on here..sorry if I can't).

It's part of the site I've been using for months, and I've only just noticed it, so what would you do?

Do I go over to the dark side, risk the wrath of the TG top guys, or chill the hell out, let it slide, and "use the force, Luke!"

All this while eating my breakfast, what a great way to start the day!

Time to go take my sanity tablets I think :P

Joe

AndyT

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:26 am

Joe, If its an actual error and not just a spelling difference from one country to another (program vs. programme) then submit a gentle notice via the support system. I'm sure the guys will understand that you only want to help out and make the site better for all concerned.

If on the other hand you come screaming with guns blazing doing the Rambo thing about it, then its quite likely they will shoot back.

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 am

JOe now i'm intrigued, go on spill the beans mate

heyjoe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 am

Hi Andy

Thanks for the advice, I was more worried about what I might be turning into rather than the guys reaction, after all, they aren't ogres- they're just guys who are providing us with the premier guitar learning resource in the known world. I'd be nice about it, for sure, I'm trying to go by the maxim " treat others as you'd like them to treat you"..or words to that effect.

No ones perfect, after all, although I'm starting to have my doubts about Neil, is there anything he can't play brilliantly!!

Joe

heyjoe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:47 am

Chas

Not in public-thats what PM's are for, and I need to go check a dictionary first, just to make absolutely sure! Wouldn't be the first time I've made a complete and utter **** of myself!

Joe ( who has just realised he doesn't have a dictionary in the house..hmm :laugh: )

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am

Send me a PM , I'm reknowned at work as being a walking [strike]dick[/strike] dictionary lol

heyjoe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 am

thanks for the laugh chas.

AndyT

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 am

Chas, My wife accuses me of that same thing all the time! LOL

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 am

Hey Joe, who told you folks here aren't ogres? Seen Tony's avatar recently? Us Brits know that Americans can't rite proper like what we do. And don't worry about not having a dictionary Joe, darn thing never helped me... if you can't spell a word (I am a terrible speller), how do you look it up in the dictionary!

AndyT

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:58 am

Chris, Huked on fonix.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic