Help me decide- should I go over to the dark side??

reiver

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Are we allowed to guess?

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 am

johnrfeeney wrote:
it's amazing - i'm a physician and still can't spell for beans (except medical words)
Trouble being like most physicians you write in a strange style which only pharmacists can understand

TGMatt

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

guesses welcome Reiver ..and anyone...

heyjoe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 am

oh dear, what have I started here!

my head hurts!

so does this mean theres some sort of secret code on TG that only certain people know about? hmm..interesting

as for spelling errors, what errors, I see none, their only in my mind :laugh:

TGMatt

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 am

That is precisely what we are saying...

Some of what we do has always been coded..some may argue every post I make is ..but this is for real...we are not about making your brain take a holiday...it is part of accelerated learning...no more clues or background..sometimes it is subtle sometimes it is not ...

Never rest on assumptions..

heyjoe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:06 am

i'm intrigued, i have to say. a behind the scenes accelerated learning eh? I gotta go learn more songs and spend more time on this site.

who needs those other brain training products when we have Matt and Neil training us already

Joe

AndyT

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 am

Brain Train or, Brain Drain ? You decide.. LOL

Bear, Not to worry, I always keep a tranq gun handy for just such an occasion!

Does spelling count? Of course it does! For what we aren't sure yet...

reiver

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 am

I would guess that it's the spelling of 'compleat' - as in Compleat Rhythm Guitarist. In this form it means skilled or accomplished rather than entire or total.

So in this usage the spelling is OK, however its usage in the attached videos for 'compleat chord shapes' is slightly more contentious, I believe. I don't think that chord shapes can exhibit any skill, so I would have thought that this was a 'complete' list of chords for the 'compleat' guitarist.

Now I'm off to [strike]compleat[/strike] complete a day's work. ;)

r

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 am

Does spelling count?
...no Andy, numbers do that! :-)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 am

Complete can be spelled compleat? Is that American? Are you pulling my illiterate leg Stuart? Is there a more confusing language than English when it comes to spelling?

Definitionen von complete im Web in Englisch:

* come or bring to a finish or an end; "He finished the dishes"; "She completed the requirements for her Master's Degree"; "The fastest runner finished the race in just over 2 hours; others finished in over 4 hours"
* having every necessary or normal part or component or step; "a complete meal"; "a complete wardrobe"; "a complete set of the Britannica"; "a ...
* bring to a whole, with all the necessary parts or elements; "A child would complete the family"
* perfect and complete in every respect; having all necessary qualities; "a complete gentleman"; "consummate happiness"; "a consummate performance"
* dispatch: complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
* accomplished: highly skilled; "an accomplished pianist"; "a complete musician"
* arrant(a): without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain ...
* write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
* having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic