For any other AC/DC fans

Moondog

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I saw this on youtube and thought it was awesome. I'm a huge AC/DC fan and thought if there was any others out there they might enjoy this.

Mike

heatndude

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Thats pretty cool moondog, I thought I would never see Angus playing a classical guitar hahaha. This gives you something to work on. Ill be waiting for your video post. I think this guy is rather unique taking on tunes like that with a acoustic guitar. Just think what that would do to your fingers OUCH!!!!! Looks like he is using steel strings. I hope Neil looks at this and adds it for our next drip feed lesson, Id love to see him rock like this. Unless of course this is in the Tom Petty catagory ?

Mark

BobR

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Mike,

WOW, Awesome is an understatement.

I can do that but didn't want to show off yet, yeah right :laugh: .

Bob

tovo

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Not much of a fan of AC/DC, particularly since Bon Scott shuffled off this mortal coil, but that was pretty awesome. Thanks for posting it.

scotta

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Great post Moondog! AC/DC fan or not,(I am), that was impressive. Never imagined Thunderstruck being played like that! Thanks!

Scott

quincy451

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 am

Not an AC/DC fan. View this on youtube and check out some of his other videos. He does sweet child of mine, among many others. The guy is seriously good. As in on level with Naudo. Now the question for Chas and the rest of your guitar followers, is what is this guy playing?

Thank you for posting.

quincy451

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 am

Ok did a little digging here. This guy is a russian pro, classically trained guitarist. He also plays a russian 7 string guitar at a professional level his blog says. As for what guitar he is playing in this one. I did something inovative which is not very possible with Naudo. I asked him. I will let you know what reply I get. I think he is fluent in english so shouldn't be a problem.

coomba

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 am

Hey Moondog
I am a huge akadaka fan and thanks for the post.
This bloke rocks .
Cheers Scott

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

That was incredible. I bet this guy's strumming hand is made out of leather. Thanks Moondog.

- Catfish

quincy451

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok he never did reply but based on the hint that it was a Takamine I came up with this interesting guitar as most likely what he is using:
https://www.americanmusic.com/product.p ... ctid=12191

Having watch most of his videos by now. It is interesting to watch his right hand. For there is a appegio pattern where you pluck the base note with the thumb while hitting the 3 treble strings with the first three fingers at the same time. I kind of had a ok got that one additude to it when I learned it years ago. I found that alternating the first 3 fingers sounded more interesting to me. And it does. But this guy goes to this pattern over and over with little regard for what song he is playing. Maybe there is a bunch of stuff going on I am missing.

But I am wondering if he going to this pattern to make it sound piano like. Where the person on the piano is doing nothing but putting the chord down over and over. strumming of any type just does not give you that sound. With strumming you get the notes started sequentially, not at precisely the same time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic