reporting live from Tommy e show

TGMatt

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 pm

reporting live from Tommy e concert peppino just finished set and the last piece in some wierd tuning that I'll ask Neil about when he gets bvack from bathroom was his best piece . he did some fireworks stuff which Neil is not fond of but his two tunes from an Italian composer who composed for spaghetti westerns were also very nice .. more soon

edit tuning ... some kind of A open tuning

second western tune = good bad and ugly

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:01 am

Visions of Matt and Neil waving either candles or glow sticks ...hmmmm

haoli25

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:01 am

Tommy ROCKS dude! Image

TGMatt

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 am

Well Neil is safely in bed , and I am stoked we went, I think we will shoot some stuff tommorrow on the experience, it was truly superb, he broke into Waltzing Matilda on the first song, and that had me, did all sorts of crazy pyro stuff that no-one else on the planet could do, and then did all sorts of classics, some of his own stuff, and a great self penned tune called the Diggers last waltz or something..

Neil had a ball, I asked him to post the tab to his last tune tommorrow ;)

He didn't like a couple of things, but loved almost the whole gig, which was a suprise for him and I ..

So ...if you havent seen him, go...dont walk, run..

Chas you will be happy to know he mentioned NZL as well by telling us the story of the 4 hour concert (after all the encores) and waking up in the middle of the night after that and being inspired to write the tune questions..

More Tommy news soon... ;)

waggis

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 am

Thanks Matt for the preview. I have tickets to see Tommy next month here in Basel, Switzerland next month. Looking forward to the Pyro stuff, as well as, the Waltzing Matilda. I've got 2nd row center stage seats for a good view of the magic show.

David

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date Matt... sound like you had a blast!

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:51 pm

TGMatt wrote:

Neil had a ball, I asked him to post the tab to his last tune tommorrow ;)

He didn't like a couple of things, but loved almost the whole gig, which was a suprise for him and I ..

So ...if you havent seen him, go...dont walk, run..

Chas you will be happy to know he mentioned NZL as well by telling us the story of the 4 hour concert (after all the encores) and waking up in the middle of the night after that and being inspired to write the tune questions..

More Tommy news soon... ;)
Yeah I missed the tour here :( He's not due back this year yet another :( , Look forward to Neils take on some of TE stuff :woohoo:

izzyhara

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:01 pm

OK I really want to see this guy.... my brief check of his tour schedule didn't show a venue close to me. Guess I am going on a trip !!! I should have flown to SF to to see TE with you all. Thanks so much for sharing from the concert. That was cool..... Izzy

TGMatt

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:09 pm

hey all typing this from tiernans Irish pub in San Fran.. eating Irish fare avd drinking some nice steamboat with Neil , reflecting on a couple if special hours we had with Tommy E .. off to the television studio to hang out whilst he does his thing .. so will keep u posted ..

hope your all having a great Sunday

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Havë a round of drinks on us guys!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic