We need your help testing these video resolutions...

TGMike

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi,

We made some changes a couple of months ago to the TARGET lessons to improve security. There is a very small percentage of users with lower bandwidth that this caused some issues for. We decided to work on a solution that would take care of as many people as possible.

The result is on the test page. A few words about this test lesson. The way it works is when you go to the lesson your internet connection bandwidth is auto-detected. We then serve the highest resolution possible for your connection.

In addition there is a drop down box above the lesson index where you can manually change the resolution. If you change the resolution manually it takes about 5-10 seconds to kick in but you continue on without interruption during the switch over. Cool right? :)

To check out the test click here

So please take a moment to check it out and give us some feedback. Especially if over the last couple months the lessons all of the sudden seemed to stop and load a lot.

One more thing. This test is open to all members. So if you are a free member and want to check out a full TARGET lesson go take a look.

Thanks for all your feedback and help on this.

TGMike

AndyT

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Mike, The forum is pretty much crashed for me right now. There is no formatting and the test page will not even load the video. I'll try again later when things look more 'normal' again.

heatndude

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 pm

It worked out just fine for me ! Nice and clear, no stopping etc.... Of course Im at work, working really hard right now ! We have a very fast buisness connection to the internet.

Mark

eagle670

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 pm

The lesson does not load for me, but Neils ad plays perfectly.
Kevin

mark

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Works very well for me

I have a slow connection at home and have experienced the videos stopping a lot over the last couple of month.
Just managed to watch the play through and the slowed down version with no stopping at all.
I haven't managed that at home for the last couple of months.

AndyT

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Hmmm... I can not even get the forum or the video page to load properly. I know my machine is current with everything. And my Firefox just updated yesterday, along with my Java a couple of days ago. I should'nt be having this much trouble.

coomba

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

It worked great for me .
I have had problems with constant reloading as my computer is quite old.
It started on the lowest bit rate first up which was fine, note as clear as the medium and high but at least it ran smooth. The 220 and 500 are to much for my computer.
Cheers
Scott

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey Mike, the test works perfectly... I have a fast line at home.
The bit rate read 500.

michelew

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:52 pm

No problem for me on my broadband.

dennisg

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Perfect. I let it detect automatically, and it chose 500.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic