Hey all did u like the live show today - Comments here pls

d_dog

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Love the live shows! Video streaming live video is challenging since you're at the mercy of the provider. I'm assuming that the bandwidth/bitrate at the meeting location was good and that the challenges were with Ustream. Any chance you've looked into using Qik?
Other than that, I think it certainly got the job done.
What a great cast and crew. I'm going to be so crushed one day when I won't be able to view a live show because of previous engagement. I didn't try it, but I bet I could view the live stream on my iPhone Ustream app.
Great job guys, we're content saturated, which is a good thing!
Goldleaf, you kill me, retire early to spend more time on TG, that's awesome!

dekotaj

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Heck I had to Work.

I thank next time Ill just see if Matt can call my boss over at the D.O.D.(department of defense)And see if they will give me the day off.

Well maybe Ill just catch in in reruns.
Sounds like it was a good show.

Hydroman52

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Re. what Chris said- this is the second time that I (and others) have been signed into the wrong Ustream room waiting for TG to start. I missed the first 5 or 10 minutes of the broadcast. Is there a way to get the TG link up earlier to avoid this problem? I checked the Target/TG Live link up until about 10 minutes before the broadcast, and it wasn't there yet. I went back to TG after the show started and saw that it was there-- then went back to the dead Ustream room to tell everyone to leave there and go to the proper room.
Did the same as Al, except he was much smarter than me and found the correct stream. If he hadn't come back and alerted us, I'd probably still be there wondering when everything would start. So, thank-you Al!

It seemed like people were showing up at the Ustream room about 10 - 20 minutes before the start of the stream. Maybe what we need is a standard procedure leading up to the start of the live broadcast. Something like a common gathering place. We have the TG chat room, maybe we could gather there beforehand (sort of like a pre-party gathering in the foyer) and then someone from TG could pop in and announce that the show is starting and sort of usher us in with any special instructions, similar to what Al was kind enough to do this time. Then a TG member could hang out in the chat room to help guide any late-comers to the show. Seems like we already have the tools to work around this.

I was at a family gathering and was able to sneak away to just catch Hector and part of the next guest teacher (electric) before I had to return to the festivities. So, I didn't catch too much and will have to view the rerun (grateful for that!). What I did see was good, barring the Ustream glitches. We were able to pre-load our questions in the forum thread for Hector, and he answered the ones that I was really interested in (thank-you for that, Hector).

Keep up the good work. This is very much appreciated.

Hydroman52

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 am

I just finished watching the replay. Bravo everyone. It's a very interesting and informative show. As always, there is something new to learn and got a few laughs, too. Thanks for bringing on some of the behind the scenes people, too. It's good to put faces and voices to the ones that are keeping everything running smoothly and developing all the new stuff. Maybe in future shows, we can meet the rest of the crew. They are appreciated very much.

A few extra comments that might help. The camera work was good (whoever was doing it). It was a good addition to pan and zoom on the focus of the interview. It's always a challenge framing the shot in a casual environment while trying to keep distractions out of the frame with only one camera. It was good heads up to pan and zoom on the person playing rather than staying static on the wide shot. Going back to the wide shot with Matt as the interview continued kept things more fluid. Good work.

The only other comment might be to get some chairs that are quiet. Perhaps a local woodworker might have a few suggestions on how to silence them if they are your favorites that you can't live without. Trying not to whine here, but it was a little distracting.

Hope this helps.

jayswett

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 am

Sadly, I missed this episode, but will be watching it later. I can't wait, as a matter of fact. Sounds like it was a good one.

heyjoe

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 am

aww man, just watched the live show back, sorry I missed it, it was amazing, so much great content, so many great new teachers..any chance we can have 48 hour days now, so we get the chance to learn all the lessons.

a much different vibe to other live shows, change of setting was good too

hopefully next time i'll be able to make it

well done to all concerned

Joe

lmc831

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 am

I really enjoyed the show Saturday. It was nice to see everyone behind the scenes in person. There are alot of talented instuctors that will make TG a rewarding investment for me and others, I am sure of it. I am looking for forward to all the new stuff from the new guys on TG staff. Thank you Neil and Matt, Mike.

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic