A new Appeal from Tommy E to remember Haiti

TGMatt

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 pm

So I thought it was appropriate to get this video up now, having just sat on edge with Neil in the current Tsunami warning, with Rebecca (Neil's daughter) living in Hilo where the the thing was due to strike...we were re-reminded of the recent devestation to Haiti..a country that has been raped and pillaged for centuries, no infrastructure, and now nothing...lets keep it in our minds , hearts and in the news....people are still suffering..

I put 7k + into the guitar , all the proceeds went to the charity..and when I spent some time with him , I asked him to make another appeal directly to you all to play a part..

Thx for listening

Cheers

Matt

dennisg

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Fantastic job, Matt. I have to say, the numbers that Tommy cited are mind blowing. If I understand correctly, the $38,000 he raised fed and inoculated 200,000 children. That means for every U.S. dollar we contribute, five kids get fed and inoculated. That's amazing.

There are a lot of great organizations helping to ease the suffering in Haiti. I chose to support this one:

http://www.mercycorps.org

izzyhara

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:42 pm

My husband and I didn't buy any groceries for two weeks and sent that money to Haiti by way of the Red Cross. Fortunately IBM (my employer) strongly encourages ongoing donations and gives us a way to do it easily. So now I donate a portion of every paycheck. Now the people in Chile might need our help. Tommy is right - if you have any empathy in your soul at all, the first thing you want to do is help when humankind is suffering. Even a little bit helps and it was good of Matt and Tommy to remind us of that.

BobR

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

As Dennis said there are many organizations helping. I have been supporting the local Red Cross.

AcousticAl

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Something funky going on with the Tommy vid here too..

d_dog

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Says the video was taken down due to terms of its use. Hmmm bummer.

TGMatt

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Yeah working on it..

TGMatt

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 am

Video is fixed

Moondog

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I think we need to remember that The Red Cross and the other great organizations need our money ALL THE TIME and not just after some tragic thing happens. We need to keep these organizations strong so they can respond quick and help our fellow man. Giving after a tragedy is great, the money is so needed, but PLEASE don't let this be the only time you donate. The money you donate before a tragedy helps the so important first responders.

My $0.02

Mike

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 am

Moondog wrote:
I think we need to remember that The Red Cross and the other great organizations need our money ALL THE TIME and not just after some tragic thing happens. We need to keep these organizations strong so they can respond quick and help our fellow man. Giving after a tragedy is great, the money is so needed, but PLEASE don't let this be the only time you donate. The money you donate before a tragedy helps the so important first responders.

My $0.02

Mike
Hear hear Mike well said.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic