So I see Paul Mcartney is opening tour in Phoenix..COmments pls..

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 am

TGMatt wrote:
out of interest what did he charge back then ??
The first time was in Ireland 7 years ago and it was $100 and we were standing in a stadium for 4 hours.

2 years ago it was free as it was part of a celebration in Quebec city (350,000 fans).

$500 seems steep, but they must be good tickets and not oput of the ordinary for great seats to see a big setup band. Tommy was cheap but he is alone on the stage with his microphone.

I was looking to get some tickets for my kids to see Iron Maiden and Dream Theater and there are some at $ 450 but also many cheaper seats. If you are a Beatle fan, there is a premium to see the original Beatle who composed a lot of their songs. I still think it is worth it.

Marc

MarkM

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 am

I've seen him 3 times over the last 2 decades. 1st time was when he first toured North America since Wings split up. That was back in 1989 (Flowers in the Dirt). Fantastic show!! The last time I saw him was just 3 years ago I think. Anyway I was not sure I wanted to go because I had already been to two previous shows over the years and didn't know anything about the band or how much energy Paul would have. Well let me tell you he and the band were great!! They played for about 2 hours and it was very entertaining. He went through his entire catalog but he must have been nostalgic because I'd say that at least half to 2/3 of the show were Beatles tunes. If you haven't seen him yet I would absolutely reccomend it. $500.00 is a bit steep though. As you said that was for the very good seats. I'm sure you can get less expensive tickets a bit farther away from the stage. Besides with all the video screens up there these days you really don't need to be that close if you don't need to. I'll have to see if he's coming around Boston again.

MarkM

pbraun

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:55 am

Matt,
500 is really high but you should be up close, worth it for live and Let Die alone. I paid 275 a couple of times for arena shows and needed binoculars but beleive it or not only 75 for an outdoor show last September and it was worth 5 times that easy. I say if it gets you up close go for it, or back off a few rows for somewhat less, either way it is a truely good concert. I have taken my Grandson twice, first when he was 7 and then last Sept. He still talks about both concerts even though his friends have no idea who Paul or the Beatles were..my small part of keeping the dream alive
Pete

beaker

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:42 pm

I certainly WOULD spend 500$ to see Lennon come back from the dead! But to see Paul Mcartney alive for 500$??? Doesn't sound like a good deal. Buying the DVD sounds about right. Beaker.

hasben

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Sorry, but I wouldn't spend $500 to see John Lennon come back from the dead and perform, with Jesus on lead, Bigfoot on drums, and Elvis on backing vocals. :)
Heathen Bill, sadly I think the odds of you seeing ANY of that fab four in the future is pretty slim. :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic