SO Eric Clapton - What are his top 10 tunes...??

sws626

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:58 pm

TGMatt wrote:

You have your first assumption completely wrong...this thread is not driving any of the lesson creations...never has never will....we were just curious as to what the rest of you would consider the top 10 ...as opposed to what WE ARE ALREADY DOING...
Fair enough. I didn't actually mean to question the motivation for the question, but just to observe that a pattern seemed to be developing. We now have seven Clapton songs, six of them within the last week or two. Are you saying we're not going to see a streaming package as soon as there are 10?

This isn't a complaint, it's just a question about what drives the business and a concern that this welcome windfall will stop when we reach a quota of 10 songs. I do hope to see Bell Bottom Blues while the fountain is still flowing.

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Whilst maybe not a top ten an important milestone in Claptons past is 'Ramblin On My Mind' his first recorded vocals with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers on the 'Beano Album', this is worth of note as it was the start of things to come from EC.

Image Eric reading the Beano on the cover of the Album he made his vocal debut! Also the first occassion a Les Paul was heard being played through an overdriven Marshall Amp the signature sound that many said led to the 'Clapton is God' graffitti in Islington railway Station. Whilst I'm at it, many thanks to Neil for the recent spate of Clapton songs

TGMatt

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Now we will do a streaming package..but again , that is a by product of the Eric Clapton week..not what "Drives" the business..as for volume..well all I can say is we have exceeded the promise of 4 target lessons a month for a long long time..last 3 weeks I think we have released a lesson every day..we do what we can when we can..Not sure what the concern is..

That song you are looking for , if it is in the vote a song list then it will be considered..if not get it up ..

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:08 pm

TGMatt wrote:

That song you are looking for , if it is in the vote a song list then it will be considered..if not get it up ..
I guess you might mean Rambling... If so its now on the Song Voting page, duh I never even thought about doing that, thats what happens when you put clocks back an hour :blush:

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Can I add a zero to my 10?

A few at the top of my list are
Knocking on Heaven's Door
Lay Down Sally
I Shot the Sheriff
Before You Accuse Me
Pretending

But there's something about his cover of 'Hard Times' that floats my boat. Such feeling in both his singing and playing.

sws626

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:18 am

TGMatt wrote:

Bell Bottom Blues is up for voting. Five votes so far; let's see a vote from all of you who have it on your top ten list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic