The never ending story

RicksPick

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 am

Whilst on the other side of the room to the guys playing "Fish"
The rest of the guys and gals asked Neil about Matt's absence....

hasben

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am

Neil's eyes were closed, having been momentarily blinded by Buddy Bud's bald bean. Neil-- always at work-- was focused on the sound of Wiley's shuffleing cards. "A riff from Freebird", he posed to himself. "Or, perhaps..."

Back at the poker table, Buddy suspected he might have ridden a fence line too far. This Wiley fella seemed pretty sure of himself, sitting there grinning behind his eye-shades.

"I hear you got a ranch," Wiley said.

"Yep," Buddy answered in his best John Wayne.

"Well, I'm fresh outta ranches," Wiley continued. "I seen your videos and it looks mighty purdy out there in Californy. Got some real nice young fillies out there to! I seen that little surfer girl on that feller Petty's video. Free-fallin' he called it. She could flat ride that thing." Wiley paused, lost momentarily in thoughts only a older man could have.

"FISH", Reiver yelled from across the room.

Neil, shaken from his musings, remembered Matt's many calles and TM's he had ignored and he pulled his Turbo Twin Screen Super Charged iPhone from his pocket.

The room became quiet...

wiley

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am

As Neil sat down and drug out his wallet, his cell rang. Before Neil could even reach for the answer button, Wiley jumped up "NO CELL PHONES AT THE TABLE DUDE!!" and as such, Matt's call went unanswered. Again. Now fearing the worst, Matt knowing there would be a Poker game and Neil would surely put the entire company at risk by joining in, Matt ran to the nearest Porsche dealership and......

hasben

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 am

... grabbing a salesman by the lapels yelled, "I'll take TWO, Gunther, or... whatever your name is..."

"Hans," the salesman said as he back away, straightening his jacket. "But why would you want two?"

Matt paused and reflected. "I don't know," he answered. "Habit I guess. That is what I always do at a Porsch place, mate."

The salesman nodded. He had seen this before.

Matt, remembering is urgent mission, grabbed Hans again. "Now listen, I want one auto filled with gas and ready to go in..." Matt looked at his Rolex, "... in like, uh... mach snel. Crate the other one up and ship it here." Matt handed Hans his TG business card.

Hans was impressed. Within 5 minutes Hans handed Matt keys to a new black Porsch. As the car roared to life, Matt threw it into gear and with tires smoking he raced to...

TGMatt

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 am

The watch dealer...as anyone who knows watches , knows Rolex are for people who are impressed by the brand..but not particularly great technically..

wiley

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

Tires screeching, Matt stopped the bright black Carrera in the 'walk only' lane at the local Wal_mart. Hustling inside to the jewelry counter (Inside joke - "Jewelry" in a Wal_Mart :P ) and grabbing the 'associate' behind the counter by the neck collar, he quickly traded off his Rolex "El Presidente" (which he had bought after landing at the airport from some guy with a jacket full of them) for 28,880 Timexes and one Swiss Army brand Mariner.

Returning to the Porsche, he never noticed the keying that had been done on the passenger side, he slammed the Auto shift into 'personal' shift and squealed the tires out of the parking lot. Now realizing that Neil had probably lost it all on the table, Matt drove furiously through the winding mountainside towards the stadium, still in first gear, the smoke coming from under the hood...

TGMatt

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:43 am

As he looked at all the watches he had picked up he realized that none of them had the same time on them...

All these watches and still couldn't tell the time

Then a deep dark shadow blew across his mind...the smoke was coming from under the bonnet..when had Porsche started putting motors in the front ...he panicked was this the end of the world he thought..time drifted, the white lines blurred into one his mind drifted back to happier times when he and Neil used to.......

hasben

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:46 pm

... sit quietly under a Boa tree in Los Gatos, dressed in shorts and sandles and hawaii-looking shirts, pondering the outer relms of life and music and Porschs, eating cheese....drinking wine...

"Gay," said a pimple-faced young man to his skinny friend as they passed the two men under the tree.

But, gay they were not. Heavy matters were at hand. One very big brain was connecting with another, somewhat smaller-- but eager-- brain. It was a magic moment. One moment that each man would later look back on as a bolt of Eurika mixed with a fine Napa Merlot.

As they sat there under the Boa tree, Neil suddenly looked at Matt intensly.

"Grasshopper," Neil said. "I have seen you grow." Matt glowed like a Down-Under woman.

"Yes, Neil," Matt answered, "I have."

"I have thought on this matter," Neil continued. "You have mastered-- well, not mastered, but-- at least-- you can finger a barred F. And only in 17 months."

Matt listened and did not speak. Neil was in the zone.

"My thought," Neil said, " is that one like you-- with very limited inate ability-- can move so far so fast....", Neil paused and re-grouped this thoughts. "Imagine... imagine there's no country... I wonder if you can... no Hell below us... a brotherhood of..."

"Yes, Yes!!" Matt blurted out. "We can teach the WORLD to play a barred F chord!"

As Matt screamed through the street of Zurich he smiled back at those innocent days. He shook his head. But now, he thought, all that work and effort was at risk. He must find Neil. And soon....

AndyT

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

So very causually Neil looked at Bud and said, "Trump!." I'll take that ranch now. Hand it over. Neil just knew that Matt would be proud of him for managing to secure the new property. Just then, Matt parked his smoking hot wheelie next to the table and leaped out of the sunroof. "NEIL!" He screamed, but before hitting the ground he softened his voice to a pillow and landed on it. "Umm, tell me mate. How did you win this?" Neil stopped and looked at Matt, trying to understand who he was, then suddenly realized where he was. He looked at Matt and said, "Hello, I'm the teacher."

hasben

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Wiley took off his shades and looked at Neil. "Trump?" he said incredously. "This game aint Spades! This is Holdem, and you lose. You too Buddy Bud! I gotta straight flush, Buddy you got a pair of 2's, and Neil... well... you're playin' the wrong game."

Matt, Buddy and Neil looked a Wiley and could tell that this time he was not bluffing. The room became quiet. All eyes were on Wiley.

"Let's see," Wiley drawled, "Looks like I own Buddy's ranch, his wife and both kids. You can keep the boy, Buddy, they're too hard to break."

Buddy ducked his head in defeat.

"I also got a company named TG," Wiley continued. "Won it from Hogan just now."

Matt began hopping around excitedly. "No, Neil can't bet away TG!" Matt leaped toward the members in the room, his camera on flip-out mode. "You tell him TG and TGetts, Neil only plays a guitar. I'm half owner and Neil can't bet away..."

Wiley interupted. "Naw, look fellas. I'm gonna be a big boy here. I'll settle for a mule from Buddy and,... the contest guitar from TG. You cow-pokes were just too easy, that's all." Wiley leaned back in his chair with a big smile and took a sip from his Sprite.

Matt was dazed. The big contest guitar... it's missing... what...where...how do I get it back? Then Matt had an idea...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic