Neil is making me psychotic.

AndyT

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:33 am

That's right. Neil is going to make my brain explode. With all the new great Clapton stuff on top of all the other great lessons, I find that I just start getting in to one lesson and a new one pops up. Now I suffer from TG ADD! Focus Mike focus....

6stringbostic

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:30 pm

me too! 8-)

BigBear

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Mike- I am right there with you buddy! I try to focus on maybe 6 songs total but my ability to learn them (I hesitate to use the word "Master") is much less that Neil and Matt's volume of new stuff.

This would okay if the songs were mediocre but about 95% of the tunes are ones I always wanted to learn! I should have started this TARGET thing about 30 years ago! lol!

So many songs, so little time!! :cheer:

stratman3

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:22 pm

I totally understand everyone psychosis, I can't take it any more, this stuff keeps coming at me, I was already over the top and then, Eric Clapton week!! OMG!!! MY brain is about to explode.
But all in all, I love this torture, what great stuff. I was just at a friends house listening to EC's unplugged album, album?, anyway, I remember saying to myself, self, you need to learn "Before you accuse me" I love the blues and then it happened, my prayers were answered.....this is just too cool
I just love TG. B)

BigBear

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I was at a company jam session a couple of weeks ago and like most jam sessions it degenererated into everyone messing around trying to find a song. So I started playing Paint it Black, right out of TARGET. It was a like a light went on and everyone went nuts! We spent about 45 minutes learning it and playing leads and licks. We even had an accordian player doing it which actually sounded pretty cool! All because of TARGET!

We had a couple of players much better than I was, both semi-pro so I didn't feel so bad, and I started going thru my TARGET repetoire and even the good players were into it. Several guys mentioned how many songs I knew which for me was amazing. We played five or six Neil Young tunes (always good at a jam!), some Pick Floyd, ELP, even Hallelujah which was a big hit and my arpeggios actually worked for a change.

A year ago this would have been impossible. I knew some songs, sure, but not all the cool songs from TARGET. We even did Jimmy Buffett and a great multi guitar version of Hotel California (with me at the 7th fret!).

Now if I can add some Clapton into the tool kit I'll be able to contribute even more!

Hey, Matt, this is actually a pretty good testimonial for TARGET! And I didn't even intend it that way! :laugh:

Lavallee

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 pm

BB

Right with you there. I wish I had started TG 30 years ago. Then again I wish I had started alot of things 30 years ago. At least we have the next 30 to work on all this. Heck I'll only be 83 by then. Jamming away at the home!

BigBear

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 pm

mshrad wrote:
BB

Right with you there. I wish I had started TG 30 years ago. Then again I wish I had started alot of things 30 years ago. At least we have the next 30 to work on all this. Heck I'll only be 83 by then. Jamming away at the home!

I'll be 86! Maybe we can start a rock band at the Old Folk's Home and all the old gals can be our groupies! LOL! Whee-haa!! :silly:

haoli25

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Join the club.....and get off my damn lawn! Image

eagle670

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 am

Get off my damn lawn!

Now that can be the name of the band!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic