What would you like to see answered in the introduction thread..??

izzyhara

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Where they live
Age-ish
Gender-ish
Guitar Experience

Otherwise, I kind of like that people figure out what they want to share with the group, and that is what they put in this free form box. Also it is fun to "listen" to how they say things. It promotes further conversation and interest. Izzy

johnrfeeney

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:14 pm

answering that question is tough

you guys and gals want more than i was willing to share with the census people

i received my census form and i answered one question - how many people live in my home

but in reality the question put forth isn't really answerable, it's very subjective and i think that with time and familiarity a lot of different people would fill whoever needs to know in with the particulars in their life

it's interesting: some are extroverts and they will give all details at the drop of the hat
other's are like sailor's in a different country from their own (who have been properly instructed on "loose lips sink ships"

other's feel that their very photo's can't be viewed unless someone is in their inner circle

by the way - i tend to be the extrovert with extreme video fright and my wife is the one who is appalled that so much personal information is right there viewed by those who one doesn't even know

Still in reality - what people are privy too can be used on both sides of the coin - the good side and the bad side

and that needs to be kept in consideration

Catman

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 pm

izzyhara wrote:
Where they live
Age-ish
Gender-ish
Guitar Experience

Otherwise, I kind of like that people figure out what they want to share with the group, and that is what they put in this free form box. Also it is fun to "listen" to how they say things. It promotes further conversation and interest. Izzy
I'm with Izzy on this

TGMatt

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Thx all that's enough for now..

Make sure you all continue sharing the huge welcomes..and making new folk feel "comfortable" when they land..which you all do an incredible job of now

Cheers

Matt

AndyT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 am

Matt,

We know that the intro thread form thingie is new and is being tweaked. No problem with that. But instead of us seeing just the answers to the questions, how about the questions get posted in bold fonts and the answers normal. This would remove a lot of the confusion as to what they are responding to and make it very clear to the rest of us what is going on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic