The Sounds of Silence

BigBear

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm

dekotaj wrote:
As for now,Romanza and The Fisherman.Both of them are kicking my butt.The finger stratches on the secound part of Romanza or a little rough.

Kevin

Kevin- you are my hero!! There is a weird barre in Romanza that I just can't get. Damned song! lol! :cheer:

frybaby

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Forum Ladies and Gentlemen,my effort to keep thing alive on the forum is a question for all. Just wondering....... after viewing the April 8 update, I came away with mixed feeling, bitter sweet as they say. Realy happy for Neil about the offer he got to teach at the college, but I closed the video, thinking he would and probably should take the offer... and will take it, but feeling we will see a lot less of him, if he does. No way he can do justice to both efforts. Would love to have you share you feelings on this one.
Frybaby

TGMatt

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:49 pm

frybaby wrote:
Forum Ladies and Gentlemen,my effort to keep thing alive on the forum is a question for all. Just wondering....... after viewing the April 8 update, I came away with mixed feeling, bitter sweet as they say. Realy happy for Neil about the offer he got to teach at the college, but I closed the video, thinking he would and probably should take the offer... and will take it, but feeling we will see a lot less of him, if he does. No way he can do justice to both efforts. Would love to have you share you feelings on this one.
Frybaby
Well that is doom and gloom prediction ..

Just to allay fears in advance of them being created by your synopsis..

I have chatted with Neil 5 times today..and you will not be seeing "less" of him..

So lets just cut that banter in the knee caps..

tom18

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi All,
Still here but seduced by spring!
We're enjoying incredibly warm days and very clear skies. It's freaky how good the weather has been lately. The Garden State is usually quite nice in spring but typically we get quite a bit of rain. For the last couple of weeks we've seen breezy days with temperatures in the high eighties and low nineties (low 30's Centigrade) with very little humidity. All the windows are open day and night while normally we'd be running the heat.
I'm still checking on TG regularly and appreciate the tsunami of EC lessons (thanks Bill that was the perfect characterization) and practicing daily.
Hope everyone else is well, but forgive us a brief lapse as we give thanks for spring in North America.
Tom

scotta

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey everybody!

Like others have already said, spring is upon us here in the States. After one of the coldest and wettest winters in Mississippi in many years, we have finally gotten a string of beautiful days recently and I have tried to take advantage of them. Trying to get my yard and my golf game into shape.

I have been able to practice guitar most days though, just haven't been able to spend as much time in the forums. I'm currently trying to smooth out Needle and the Damage Done, and working on my fingerpicking with Brain Damage (pretty good) and Dust in the Wind (not very good yet). Also trying to figure out which Clapton song I want to start on first. Talk about brain overload! They're all great, how do you choose?

In the meantime I'll work on what I can and try to enjoy this weather while it lasts. It won't be long before 100 degree days and miserable humidity drives us back indoors!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Scott

songman52

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Pretty much the same here in Texas. Feeling a little overwhelmed with all the new lessons, along with all the chores, etc. that come up when the weather turns warmer.
Still hanging in, though.

Jerry

d_dog

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 am

Great thread Tony. I thought it was just me that hadn't been around here much. I'm still working on Have to say I love you in a song and Fire and Rain, going to be awhile with these. Other than that, I'm with Haoli, tax man is going to kick my ass and I'm moping around wallowing in debt :)
Other than that, I've just been lurking in the shadows here. I'm looking forward to visiting the Taylor Guitar Factory next week in El Cajon, CA. If I get any photos or video I'll post it.

TGMatt

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 am

d_dog wrote:
Great thread Tony. I thought it was just me that hadn't been around here much. I'm still working on Have to say I love you in a song and Fire and Rain, going to be awhile with these. Other than that, I'm with Haoli, tax man is going to kick my ass and I'm moping around wallowing in debt :)
Other than that, I've just been lurking in the shadows here. I'm looking forward to visiting the Taylor Guitar Factory next week in El Cajon, CA. If I get any photos or video I'll post it.
Looking forward to that mate

coomba

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:59 am

Tony
Trust you to asked "Where the bloody hell are ya" :woohoo:
I think from the responses you have encouraged, everything is fine!
Myself , I have been tied up with work during the day followed by beer at night then sleep.The last few weekends have been mostly fishing and more beer. Making the most of whats left of the warm weather.
I've been working on Stairway to Heaven, Norwegain Wood and Suite:Judy Blue Eyes, I haven't been able to get past the intro yet,I hope I'm not the only one out there finding this really difficult :dry:
I still check the forum daily,to keep up with the gos.
Neil has been putting some great stuff out,enough to keep me swearing and cursing for years.

Hey Matt, knee capping Neil seems a bit harsh. Just tie him to his chair and threaten his shirt collection with an oxy that should do it :laugh:
Oh and Ive still got to get a testimonial to ya.
Anyway that's my excuse.
She'll be right
Cheers
Scott

AndyT

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am

Besides being a Minister, I also have a regular job. Part time, but it helps. Lately they dumped a bunch of work on me they wanted done before Easter. Of course I had to let them know how crazy that was. I've been getting it all caught up this week and I should be done with it all tomorrow.

I had been putting in at least an hour practice a day for the last 3 months but until today I had not had a chance to play for about a week. Man my fingers really lost a lot in that amount of time. I'm going to have to get some old fashioned soap to wash my hands with. My wife has the kind with built-in moisturizers and they are helping to destroy my lovely calluses.

I've been checking in everyday, mostly listening to Neil's News and I spent some time doing a review of GP6 which I posted in my blog.

Time to get my hour every day back in swing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic