Hearing Aids

wiley

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 am

After four and a half months, I thought I might update this.

I'm no so sure the "In The Ear Canal" are my thing, but honestly, I haven't had enough time wearing them to make a clear decision. When they (and Me) are working right, they are great!

Yet, I've had a few adjustments made, and found out I produce a lot of Ear Wax so, special care need be taken. Then, right before the Vegas trip the left side went out. I don't mean wasn't working right, it went D_E_A_D! I took it in and the tech promised to get it back ASAP. Sure enough, the day I landed in Vegas, I got the call it was ready. In fact, it was an entirely new piece. Then I discovered the right side had a hole in the bend towards the canal, shipped it off also. Couple of minor adjustments and the right one still seemed 'off'.

The left one works great, but having an imbalance creates just that, a 'physical' imbalance so to speak. Then one evening, on the way back from the kid's place, I got pounded. The entire right side of my head seemed to be about to explode. I knew what it was, I've had extensive Dental work done. I had a tooth ache. Sure enough, an abscess on the upper right. Several days (10 days)of Keflex (Anti-biotic) treatment and a follow up trip to the dentist, he shipped me off for some root-canal work.

The Endodontist took a quick look and we came up with a solution. One of them could be 'saved', the other not so much. Problem with the one that could be saved, it has nothing underneath it. A new appointment with the local dentist and on Thursday (Yesterday), I had two molars (2 & 3 for you dental guys)extracted.

All in all, for the four and a half months I have had the ear buds, I've worn them maybe a months worth. The pain med explains why I misspelled "Ready" as "Reday" in my post to Buddy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic