>>>New Forum Section Introductions - Please read this --Pay it forward

TGMatt

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey all

So we have been chipping away at our forum introduction section...

You will see a new tab called FORUM INTRODUCTIONS

This tab contains all the folk who took he time to tell us a little about themselves, they can say as little or as much as they choose, or can skip it altogether..the folk who did take the time though appear here in his new section.

These new introduction threads do not appear in latest posts section so to view them you will have to click the tab to view and respond...

The questions they are asked are also in their relies now, so you can see the context of their answers.

You have no obligation to go and say anything, obviously, and you can visit and respond at leisure...I would ask that you all consider this to be an opportunity to "pay it forward" to new members when you can , remembering back to a time when you first joined, and the welcome you received...it is part of our culture here..so let us all continue to do our bit when we can..

This posting allows people to feel at home earlier in the piece to feel like they have some guides, and that this is a great place to be..

We have some fascinating people who join , they add vibrancy and freshness and their own unique life experience to the mix...this is an opportunity for all of the recent members to reach out and make some new contacts and make some new friends..

New people to TG feed the TG universe, they help sustain the ecosystem and allow TG to grow and add even more value..

The benefits always come back to the greater group...

So answer and greet at your own pace, try and get here occasionally to pay it forward..and I hope you all meet some great new friends

Cheers

Matt

sws626

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Matt,

This is a great solution. I know you already appreciate that we're a very welcoming crowd and you're preaching to the choir on "paying it forward." But I'm sure we're all glad to see this stream filtered out from the "latest posts" tab so the new mechanism for encouraging introductions doesn't overwhelm the ongoing discussions.

Thanks,
Stuart

AndyT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm

This is a massive improvement. Just one last thing to do.
The light gray text on the questions is hard to see. Any chance of making it darker and/or a different color?

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Good solution guys.... pizza all round!

johnrfeeney

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 pm

terrific

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 am

Can I suggest the introductions also do not appear in the Recent Forum Discussions section when we are on our profile page. Otherwise this is just chocablock full with introductions and no other "news" appears. Since I have been here, I have always used the Recent Forum Discussions to click to the forum. Usually I log in and arrive at my profile and go from there. I'm guessing most people do the same.

AndyT

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 am

Same here Chris, but because of the way most forums are structured, that may not be possible or difficult at best.

As an alternative, what if the link to the forum goes straight to the 'Recent' index.

abiliog

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 am

Hello,
Good improvement, and I think Chris made a good suggestion also.
Abílio

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks

izzyhara

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

I have an idea..... we do want to welcome everyone, but with all these new people, there is no way we can ALL welcome everyone. So why don't we kind of split them up? For instance, if you see someone new with zero replies, jump in with the standard "welcome from..... Join Target.... good friends in the forum" etc. That way, everyone gets greeted. And no problem if you want to greet some more than once. That will, however, cut seriously into your guitar practice. Iz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic