>> Announcing Monthly memberships to Target for a limited time..

frybaby

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm

JM;
Auto renewal may be a concern for some, but realy shouldn't be. I've been hanging around here for quite a while and seen some of the folks cancel. It was as simple quick, and painless act. Except for pain of loosing TARGET prividges.

When I first found TG I think fees were 25 dollars. When that option was cancled, I thought it was gone for good. Back now at the new price, it is still a remarkable deal.

I have personally have two obstacles:

1. My computer memory is quite small and the system old, so I have lots of trouble with the video.
2. We don't shop on line. My wife especially is very concerned about identity theft.
I once talked her in to letting me buy a guitar accessory on line, because it was the only place I could find it.
A simple $40.00 purchase. A week later our card was charged over $300.00. We worked things out with the card company. Most probably it was a freek coincidence, but it justified my wifes anxiety.

So there it is. A long story to answer a quick question, but I say again if it's cancelation hassels that are troubling you personally. Fear not. I say go for it. You will not regret it.

TGMike

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi,

I wanted to take a moment and discuss some concerns raised above...

1. Most identity theft occurs by clicking on links in e-mails from sources that are not verified, spam, or at places people work who do a poor job of protecting sensitive data. As someone who just this month received welcome to our bank letters for my son who is not even a teenager yet I have first hand experience with identity theft. Trust me, he has no credit card and has not purchased anything online.

It is extremely unlikely that your identity is going to be stolen over a 128-bit encrypted secure socket layer connection to a merchant payment gateway. I have been in e-commerce myself over 7 years now and been involved in multi-million dollar businesses and it is rare. The places that do have problems are people that run internet businesses from their house and store customer information on a computer in their home without enterprise level security best practices in place. Those people may or may not be wearing pants ;)

In addition to using modern security to encrypt sensitive data in the payment process we use a state of the art hosting company and up to date firewall protection to keep personal info secure.

2. If you still want to stay off the grid we have a way for anyone to pay by check for 6 or 12 month subscriptions. Just contact support.

3. We just last week tweaked our video settings, so that lower bandwidth able consumers, and those with older machines can still get access ..so this should also be considered..

Thanks,
Mike

frybaby

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 am

Thanks TG Mike;
I am sure once my wife read the above I can get around the security issues.
But my computer persist. I use an old Dell from 1999 with windows XP, in my back bedroom music room, which unfortunately, still can not play some of the videos,

In particular when I try to play the TG preview of "The Weight" all I get is the black screen announcing the video, while Neil is playing in the background, even the audio stop every few seconds to buffer or what ever the thing does.

I still can not get any of the links that lead to Neil playing an entire song . When I try to hear Neil play a whold song on any of the previews, all that show up is a big blank white window.

I am able to access the daily reviews, and most of the target previews, but lot of time I get some strange message about not connecting. I am at work now so dont have all the details.

I switched over to FireFox and this is still happening.

We switched over to ATT U-verse to go wireless for my wife’s laptop, and had my old desk top set up for wireless. My wife lap top works fine, but she on it doing her thing most of the time and I go back to my "music room" with the desktop and make due.

Love the site, and the support is fantastic as far as my experience goes.

I would bet this is some kind of hardware problem, and I can get it worked out.
I am saving for upgrade I think that the best idea. I am going for a used laptop nothing fancy just enough to get TG to work right.
Then watch out….
Frybaby.

hasben

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 am

All technichinal (ya like that Matt?-- I can out-un-spell even you :laugh: ) issues aside, I can say that the monthly method of payment is definately a plus-- not just for the members-- but for the capitalist oweners. :laugh: I pay the bills at my house, and in comparison to my wife's credit card charges, TG is nothing more than a blip on the radar screne. A very small cost vs. the value. I wish many thanks and a great future to the owners of this site (Aussie Matt and Los Gatos Neil, etc). This is a tremendous value and for my community of friends, a thank you for your support. To those contemplating making the leap to a TG member, you will not regret for one second or for one cent of your investment.

leclercjm1

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Jack ! (and TG Mike)
I have personnal concerns about identity theft (and credit card number) in general but there's no doubt in my mind about TG and the way our personnal informations are being handled. When you are in, you understand you are in a safe place.
The question I asked was more to suggest that some people may be reluctant to enter a process of an automatic renewel (there is probably a reason for that but it's not obvious).
Our discussion gave an opportunity to express those things and hopefully contribute to reassure the people who may be concerned about the subject.
As I said in a previous post, my concern is that more people join TG and benefit from all that is being offered to us by Neil and his team. Longue vie à TG !
jm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic