WORSHIP SONGS

buddy

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:54 pm

I thought it might me cool to open a thread where members could post and share their favorite worship music. If inclined, we could share chords and lyrics and we will be able to support one another in our progress.

Here is a video of INVITACION FOUNTAIN that I did in my barn, if anyone would like the chords and lyrics let me know. This is a simple 2 chord song with beautiful lyrics.

Bud

AndyT

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Buddy,

I don't think I've heard that one before. Very nice. Solid message.

willem

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 am

I love to learn a ''Ave Maria''

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:47 am

Why don't you establish a Group, easier to find posts and videos you put up then.

AndyT

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:50 am

Because we would still like to get comments on our playing. Music is music no matter the words right?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:08 am

I like the group suggestion for this. One of TG's most important ground rules for the forums is avoid religious and political content. I think this is very wise unless, with all due respect to anyone's religion, we are going to see a balanced thread of of Buddhist chants, Shinto rhymes, Dawkinian skiffle, the Popes Greatest hits (yes, he has recorded!) and minaret calls to prayer.

willem

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 am

a group is great and discus then the Music,,,Buddy you can great one one your profile!!

izzyhara

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 am

I love "worship" songs - that is a good way to put it, as all religions have some sort of worship. My singing career (haha) started in church choirs, and I still love hymns. Now if we are supposed to avoid anything religious or political, we should still be able to share these songs because - well someone else said it I think - it is music. The TG guys can tell us if we need to put these in some hidden place. So I was thinking about uploading a "religious" song - does that mean I can't do that? I wasn't going to preach or anything.... In other news, Buddy is really fun because he is all over the place musically. I can really relate to him, because I find such joy in all types of music. Iz

Lavallee

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:16 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I like the group suggestion for this. One of TG's most important ground rules for the forums is avoid religious and political content. I think this is very wise unless, with all due respect to anyone's religion, we are going to see a balanced thread of of Buddhist chants, Shinto rhymes, Dawkinian skiffle, the Popes Greatest hits (yes, he has recorded!) and minaret calls to prayer.
I am with you Chris Chas and Willem, a group is a good idea as only interested people will go there. We saw what politics did a few months ago, religion is bound to do the same as it involved too many strong feelings.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

Same for me Izzy. Learned to sing in church and at boy scout camps. I was commenting on having a thread for worships songs (as Buddy suggested) and the fact that forum policy is to avoid political and religious content. The groups seem the ideal place for it. We have had a song uploaded for review which is straight out of the English hymn-book: Jerusalem. It was excellent and obviously no one has a problem with a great song posted that way. We've had the Christmas songs too which people could take or leave as they liked.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic