Anyone interested in making guitars - part 2

professor bob

Tue May 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I guess when I asked the question I did not know what to expect but there are people interested. So I looked up some old construction photos of rebuilding my old Samick guitar as some of you might like to see. For those of you who seem to have trouble with everything may I remind you to look in my profile, then look at the photos and double click them to see them bigger. I also posted my first video today. You can hear what this guitar sounds like. the link is

Have a great day!

Catch you later
Bob

billyrich

Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 am

yo your guitar sounds great!! I've ben trying to make a guitar with no nobs, only an on and off kill switch. After I took out all the pots and swiches it became way to hot a signal. I added a resister to try and simulate the pots and now it squeels every time I touch the bridge,the dudes at my local shop don't know what to do. Any help?

professor bob

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 am

Yo . . . Billy,

Would you drive your car with the throttle unhooked? When I did the conversion from ordinary single pick ups to the humbuckers I bought on eBay I too did not know how to hook them up. I found the answers on the web. Basically you need on common right through but the other line needs a pot for volume and a pot for tone. The tone pot usually has a capacitor across it. There is no one way to hook these up but throw the resistor out, you are only increasing the resistance which drives the voltage up. Good luck.

Bob

billyrich

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks, that makes alot of secnce with what happened with the resitor. I'll keep trying and post something if I can someday figure it out.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I think your problem is probably the johnsonbar, I would bet on it.

Check the johnsonbar, it's settled.

Hope this helps

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic