COWBELL!!!!!?? YES MORE,,,,,BUT!!

willem

Wed May 19, 2010 6:55 am

HEY people,,,''we need more cowbell'' i've seen the vid,,very funny...i'v asked around what it really means and then the sent me the vid,,,what i really want is not sent me the vid ,,but what is the joke behind it,,,,?????????

AcousticAl

Wed May 19, 2010 8:04 am

I'll try to explain- but joke explanations are never funny...

Everyone knows the legendary song "Don't Fear the Reaper". The skit is about how they recorded the song.

There's a cowbell in the song-- although it is more in the background. The joke is that the cowbell is a simple instrument. You wouldn't think that much thought or feeling would go into playing it. But Will Ferrell takes his cowbell playing so seriously-- and legendary record producer Bruce Dickinson LOVES the cowbell track. The cowbell takes over the song and the skit.

Told you explanations are never funny.

Here's a wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell

dennisg

Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 am

Willem, it's always difficult to explain why something's funny, but I'll try. A rock band hires a world-famous music producer to make their song great, and his only input is that the song needs more cowbell. It's funny because the sound of a cowbell is probably the last thing anyone would want dominating a song. The skit is funny on another level because of Will Ferrell's ridiculous performance in playing a self-important "musician" with a manic level of enthusiasm while playing the cowbell.

haoli25

Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 am

Don't worry Willem, Matt is looking for a good "Cowbell Teacher" to hire as we speak. :)

Bill

willem

Wed May 19, 2010 11:25 am

AL,Dennis,Bill,,now i understand it completly,,AL,I find it still funny,,now i know also why drummers are so important....well atleast if they master the cowbell to..

Yamaha48

Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey Willem my friend.
Now i understood the cowbell joke.
Cowbell is a verry good metroneme hahhaha lol.
I have seen the video,dont fear the reaper.
greattttttt.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic