Great driving songs (or songs that make you sing like no one's listening!)

tom18

Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 am

Lot's of great choices here but no list of cruisin' tunes can be complete without this nugget.
Tom
ps to ncsurfer:
I love your pick. 'The Weird Revolution' is a really good album, albeit a bit off the mainstream.

Music Junkie

Sun May 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey Al:

Great thread! There are far too many to mention all of them, but here are a couple off of the top of my head that make me sing while driving:

"Highway Song" by Blackfoot

"Hit and Run" by Whitesnake

Whenever my wife and I go somewhere, this song will get both of us going:
"American Pie" by Don McLean

This one will really get me going:
"Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver

waggis

Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 pm

RADAR LOVE! But Marc already beat me to it. My second favorite driving song has to be ZZ Tops "LA GRANGE".

pbraun

Sun May 23, 2010 1:58 pm

For several years, I was on the road opening stores for the company I am with. I would be in one place for 28 days, and the day the store opened I would leave, 90% of the time driveing to my next location. Music became an even bigger part of my drive time. I had 3 songs that I would have ready to play as I pulled out of the parking lot on opening day...
1. If the store opening went well and the people were good, I would play Long And Winding Road. (wouldn't mind going back)
2. If it was just another store, went ok, but nothing special it was, Take It To The Limit (just get in the car and do it all over in another city)
3. If the store was horrible, nothing went right, felt like everything was against me meeting my deadline, payroll etc, it.......................................................BAT OUT OF HELL (no explaination needed)

And then anything by John, Paul George and Ringo!

songman52

Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Lots of great ones here. Born To Be Wild came to mind right away, along with Californication and Snow (Hey Oh). Can't help but sing to 25 Or 6 to 4 or CCR's Traveling Band (watch that speedometer!), U2's Wild Horses, Long Train Running, Wild Nights, and dozens more.

Nice thread.

Jerry

AcousticAl

Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 am

songman52 wrote:
Lots of great ones here. Born To Be Wild came to mind right away, along with Californication and Snow (Hey Oh). Can't help but sing to 25 Or 6 to 4 or CCR's Traveling Band (watch that speedometer!), U2's Wild Horses, Long Train Running, Wild Nights, and dozens more.

Nice thread.

Jerry

YES!! Chicago (the old Chicago). '25 or 6 to 4' is great! So is 'Saturday in the Park', 'Feelin Stronger Every Day'. They had a greatest hits album that had so many good songs on it. Was called Chicago IX. My wife calls it her cooking CD- as all the songs on it give you that burst of energy. Definitely worth a spin-- even if you DON'T like the new Chicago.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 am

Love Big Old Jet Liner AL! You are right about hearing the riffs… that’s what 9 months of TG can do to you! Black Betty, Golden Earring, Steppen Wolf, 25 or 6 2 4, BTO Yeah!

Here’s some of mine…

Max

Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Here ya go...Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody as performed on SNL Wayne's World

abiliog

Tue May 25, 2010 8:02 am

My five cents...
To sing with car windows closed and no one near about 15 miles:

Robert Plant

Mister Carlos Santana (tonight in Lisbon :woohoo: )

Abilio

reiver

Tue May 25, 2010 6:26 pm

A lot of great songs here - but surely we'd be happy to sing them regardless of who was listening! What about the songs that we only sing when we are sure that no-ones listening?? Our own little secrets.

Here's mine......

And yes - I can hit that top note!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic