TG Live new questions round.for June 2010-This one is open to everyone this week.so come and join us

TGMatt

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 am

Edit - So it is this Saturday at 3pm....(California time)..get your questions in..Target members have first come preference..

So lets start getting your questions in if you like here for that..

First come first served..

Cheers

Matt

jim56

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 am

In Frosty the Snowman Campfire Sing A Long, Neil mentions the song is in the key of A with the A A B A form like other jazz and pop forms. What does he mean by form?

Music Junkie

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am

I know we have touched on transcribing several times, but I would still like to ask this question......

A TG Live is not the place for this, as it would take too much time, but is there a chance in the future of Neil making a video that would show him going through his process of transcribing a song? Maybe pick a random song and go through his thought process, things he listens for, how he writes it out while breaking it down, any other methods. Sorry if this is an odd questions, I am just very curious how he approaches a song.

Thanks,

Jason

wrench

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 am

How do you generate a nice sound with nail-less, fleshy fingertips?

mark

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:11 am

Music Junkie wrote:
I know we have touched on transcribing several times, but I would still like to ask this question......

A TG Live is not the place for this, as it would take too much time, but is there a chance in the future of Neil making a video that would show him going through his process of transcribing a song? Maybe pick a random song and go through his thought process, things he listens for, how he writes it out while breaking it down, any other methods. Sorry if this is an odd questions, I am just very curious how he approaches a song.

Thanks,

Jason
I'd like to see that as well

beaker

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Neil,
I have been jamming with my friends. It has been a lot of fun, I can noodle around on a whole bunch of songs. Noodling over 3 or 3 different chords that just repeat is easy, the hard part is incorporating a melody into the lead lines. The hard part is making the lead guitar go somewhere. For example, when I try to play lead over what would normally be a verse with lyrics.

How can I make my lead playing have more relevance and not just be noodling?

I hope you can help me with this, Beaker.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks

beaker

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Neil,
Sometimes when I am jamming with friends, we play the Grateful Dead song called Crazy Fingers. At the end we do an instrumental outro that is just G to C back and forth, I play in G major or G pentatonic for this. Then we go to G to C minor back and forth to change the mood. Is this where it would be good to change modes? Go to Minor pentatonics? Thanks, Beaker.

minnich107

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 pm

I like to add another vote for the transcribing topic.

Mike

TGMatt

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 pm

minnich107 wrote:
I like to add another vote for the transcribing topic.

Mike

This is something that Neil and I have kicked around, and will probably create a lesson around in the near future..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic