TG Live new questions round.for June 2010-This one is open to everyone this week.so come and join us

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 am

TGMatt wrote:
minnich107 wrote:
I like to add another vote for the transcribing topic.

Mike

This is something that Neil and I have kicked around, and will probably create a lesson around in the near future..
Thanks for responding Matt. That would be of great interest. Now I'll have to think of some more questions for you guys..... B)

J

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 pm

In responding to rapsidys recent upload, I thought of the following question and would be interested in Neils take. What is best; to fully learn the playing before tackling the singing, or is it better to do both simultaneously. Or even singing first then learn the playing. This could also be a separate thread for members thoughts.

jayswett

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:16 am

I would think that getting the guitar part down very well would be the first order of business, followed by the singing bit.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

There recently was a thread that got a good number of responses.

The thread's title is:
"Thought on frequent occurance; Flub ups when playing before others"

The general idea is that it seems that most of us play MUCH better when we are alone.

Could Neil elaborate on how he started to play for others and how that evolved?
Was he a natural or did he experience playing tunes badly when he knew them perfectly well playing in private?

Maybe also discuss if there is much difference between stage-fright and just becoming clumsy and forgetful when playing before one or more people?

Pierre

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:54 pm

About the feeling of "hitting a plateau", where the learning curve seems to top off and it seems hard to notice much improvement, even with practice.

Does this occur periodically in your students? Have you noticed some patterns there?

When it occurs is it something we should just accept it and wait it out, or do you have any hints on dealing with it?

tovo

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:07 pm

What are Neil's thoughts on having several songs on the go at once. Does he see this as a good way to go, or would he recommend sticking with 1 song until it's really under the fingers?

Chasplaya

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

What would be the most difficult song you (Neil) have ever learnt and why?

haoli25

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I really enjoyed the recent tour that Matt made of the Taylor factory. Any chance of this becoming a regular feature? I would like to see Neil and Matt tour some of the small guitar shops in the area. Or maybe Neil could do a tour of some of the small guitar shops along his softball tour.

I love Taylor and Martin, but I would also like to see some tours of some guitar shops in Europe and in Oz conducted by some of our members. Any thoughts Matt?

Bill

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:32 am

I know you have been getting lots of strumming lessons out, and to be honest, I have not yet had time to view them all. I apologize if this question is answered in one of those lessons..... :unsure:

I have been toying with a great old song by The Steve Miller Band called "Serenade". It has very simple barre chords and the opening progression is, I believe, Am - F - G - Am. The strum pattern sounds similar to a Rumba pattern in Flamenco, but that is beyond me a bit. Could you give your thoughts on this pattern, and how you would play this?

Here is a clip if you are not familiar with the song.....

Thanks,

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic