If you were asked to add one inductee into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame that hasn't been inducted.

tom18

Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm

I also think that UB40 and the English Beat should get the nod. I've seen them both and they were terrific.
Tom

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Sorry. I'm not taking any Hall of Shame seriously that leaves out The Moody Blues!

tom18

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:07 pm

I agree with you Chris. I had all their albums too. And what about no Procol Harum; what up with that?
Tom

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Sorry. I'm not taking any Hall of Shame seriously that leaves out The Moody Blues!
It might be something to do with shirts :laugh:

Serious though i'm inclined to agree with Chris on this, and if you go to the HOF site and read the Blogs, the Moodies name is mentioned numerous times.

Lavallee

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:29 pm

I do not really care about the Hall of Fame as it seems political to me. I found the criterias of eligibility on their site:

To be eligible for induction as an artist (as a performer, composer, or musician) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the artist must have released a record, in the generally accepted sense of that phrase, at least 25 years prior to the year of induction; and have demonstrated unquestionable musical excellence.

We shall consider factors such as an artist's musical influence on other artists, length and depth of career and the body of work, innovation and superiority in style and technique, but musical excellence shall be the essential qualification of induction

With this it seems to me that SRV and Jethro Tull have done more than The Orioles or Run DMC having a remake of Aerosmith walk this way as their greatest hit.

Marc

tom18

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 pm

OK, now I'm really steaming. The R&R hall of Fame is totally discredited (IMHO). I just came to the realization that they've neglected (drum roll): Little Feat!
I'm on a quest to set things right.
Tom Image

tom18

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

While I'm on the subject...

The Rock Hall of Fame,
Louis Armstrong played trumpet.
It's odd that he's there.

Please don't get me wrong, he was a terrific talent. Music Hall of Fame (yes), Jazz Hall of Fame (definitely), Rock Hall of Fame????
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic