2 of my favourite things - CLapton and Ferraris..

TGMatt

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 am

"When you've recorded as many platinum records, collaborated with as many big names and topped as many best-guitarists-of-all-time lists as Eric Clapton, you can get pretty much anything you want. And the ironically nicknamed Slowhand is known to have a taste for Ferraris. So much so that when he stopped by the factory in Maranello, even Ferrari couldn't pass up the opportunity to interview him.

Neither could Quattroruote, for that matter. While speaking with the Italian car-mag, Clapton reportedly professed his love for the new 458 Italia... with just one caveat: He's not such a fan of eight cylinders. Could he get it with V12?

According to Quattroruote, apparently he can, as Ferrari has reportedly agreed to build it for him, with the 6.0-liter V12 from the 599 GTB Fiorano. We'll believe it when we see it, which is pretty much exactly what we said the first time we heard the guitar riff on Layla."

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/01/ridi ... alia-with/

haoli25

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:46 am

It's good to be the King! What a spectacular car.

willem

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:24 am

When a need a chauffeur he can call me,,i drive him anywhere..

beaker

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 am

Did anyone else take the time to watch the interview? From my perspective it was kind of strange really. Almost comical at times! I hope Eric gets a free car out of it, because he said all of the right things! Is he sponsored?

I found another really great Clapton Video recently..... Check this out, it is pretty good to see that Clapton has to work at his guitar playing too.

willem

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 am

beaker wrote:
Did anyone else take the time to watch the interview? From my perspective it was kind of strange really. Almost comical at times! I hope Eric gets a free car out of it, because he said all of the right things! Is he sponsored?

I found another really great Clapton Video recently..... Check this out, it is pretty good to see that Clapton has to work at his guitar playing too.

Beaker thanks,great,,

To you Eric,,be carefull when you drive that Ferrari...wanna hear more!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic