>> New Website feature - Community World map..

d_dog

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 am

Whoa! This is awesome! I just saw that there are at least 8 members in my immediate vicinity! Can't wait to see what's next!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Wow! The community map is quite something! Great feature guys!

d_dog

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Well, so much for trying to hook up with any of the users anywhere near me. I searched the TG community map for the 20 or so members on the map that are in my general area and not one seemed to have ever even engaged on the website ever. No posts, no profile, no nothing, just a user name. And many of the user names seem like they may have been created by bots or something, like they are randomly generated characters. I suppose these could all be people that took the time to sign up on TG's website but never actually logged on and did anything.

I know this is a work in progress and there are plans to improve this and add functionality to this, and I'm all for it, can't wait! Might there be some way to weed out or filter those that have never been active on the site? I'm not sure what the deciding filter factor would be, never logged on? Not logged on in the last 6 months? Maybe this map could be an opt-in feature, then we'd known that members are interested in being found or connecting with other members. This would weed out the dead accounts.

I guess from my perspective, I can't see by looking at these peoples profiles whether or not they have ever logged on or watched any of the videos or anything. I can see that none of them have ever posted anything in the forum or put anything in their profiles. Doesn't necessarily mean they might not want to connect, I'm just say, they might be dead accounts.

Great work as always! Love all the features.

TGMatt

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm

d_dog wrote:
Well, so much for trying to hook up with any of the users anywhere near me. I searched the TG community map for the 20 or so members on the map that are in my general area and not one seemed to have ever even engaged on the website ever. No posts, no profile, no nothing, just a user name. And many of the user names seem like they may have been created by bots or something, like they are randomly generated characters. I suppose these could all be people that took the time to sign up on TG's website but never actually logged on and did anything.

I know this is a work in progress and there are plans to improve this and add functionality to this, and I'm all for it, can't wait! Might there be some way to weed out or filter those that have never been active on the site? I'm not sure what the deciding filter factor would be, never logged on? Not logged on in the last 6 months? Maybe this map could be an opt-in feature, then we'd known that members are interested in being found or connecting with other members. This would weed out the dead accounts.

I guess from my perspective, I can't see by looking at these peoples profiles whether or not they have ever logged on or watched any of the videos or anything. I can see that none of them have ever posted anything in the forum or put anything in their profiles. Doesn't necessarily mean they might not want to connect, I'm just say, they might be dead accounts.

Great work as always! Love all the features.
Yep we will add filters and work through its deployment..early days yet

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Jeepers 100's in NZ now but not me, plus never heard of any of them lol

Are we there yet!!

willem

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:02 pm

what a heavy feature,,it cost me hours of loading,,,

AndyT

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Who knew there were so many Kiwis. And here I thought Chas was hanging out with lots of sheeps all this time.

Welcome to all of you! Come, join us here in the forum!

webtvdan

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm on the map now and pretty darn close to where I actually live! B)

willem

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:39 am

I was very exithing of the world map and saw in in his early hours,,now when i do button(up on the right side)i can't get it,,the computer stay's on loading the thing,, is it my computer or is it something else that i need to do??

AndyT

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:40 am

Wow! I was really very surprised to see so many here on Oahu! It would be great if they would all join us here in the forum or something. I'd love to get together and have some jam sessions.

I'm still not there but I think I might know one that is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic