>> New TG LIve show - (date to be announced) - Question thread..

jim56

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 am

A shot of the recording studio(equipment and setup)would also be interesting.

jim56

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:31 am

Curious why does the classic guitar have a wider neck?

Jim

tvarga

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 am

I love perusing the 'Recommend a Lesson' pages to find either new music to listen to, or better yet, learn. I've even started to recommend a few myself.

However, given the huge number of suggestions that are already there, it feels like there's little chance of getting one of my recommendations, or interests, to percolate up to the many dozens of votes that may be required to 'grab' your attention enough to create a lesson for it.

So, I've been thinking ... wouldn't it be great if there were also a 'Recommend a Tab' page. :) For example, I really, really want to learn your song Quicksand. It's a beautiful song, but since it's only got 3 votes so far, I don't know if it'll ever rise to near the top of the recommendation list.

What I'm suggesting is something that is even less than a Drip Feed or intro. At a minimum, just the tab and hopefully GP6 file would be great. A single play through video would be even better. For me, that would be plenty and it would take a lot less of your time to produce.

One final thought is that I'd even be willing to 'buy' the tab if there were some mechanism for doing so.

Anyway, keep up the great work! My playing, and interest in guitar playing has improved dramatically over the past year with TG.

-Tom

bobfeist

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:05 am

In your "play through", you often play an embellished version of what you subsequently teach. For the more advanced students, could you include a tab version or maybe a special video section of what you're playing in the intro? Thanks!

sbutler

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:06 am

Once again I'm afraid work is going to get in the way of me being a part of the live show. I'm really thinking about quitting, so I can devote all of my attention to this pretty little Seagull that I have.

Anyway, if I could ask one question it would be, "Does Neil still have time to give private lessons these days?" I can't imagine that he does, but just wondering.

Have a ball ya'll. Looking forward to trying to watch the footage tonight. And Matt, if there is a way to create a slower speed, (lesser quality) for those of us that don't have lazer fast connections, that would be nice too.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic