>> New TG LIve show - (date to be announced) - Question thread..

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am

haoli25 wrote:
My question: When is the date and time of the next TG Live? :) :)
Some ungodly hour of the night for you so its a decent time for us antipodeans....LOL

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 am

My question is about Hectors Irish Dance, the GPro nor the pdf replicates exactly what hector plays, it is like he arpegiates (very quickly) the chord after picking the single notes is there an exercise that can help with that?

AndyT

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 am

If you ask my granddaughter what time, she will tell you, "When it starts."

Neil,
When do you recommend that people first start using a metronome and for what? Drills? Songs at slow speeds?

AndyT

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 am

Please show the proper or preferred way to do finger rolls. What is a good exercise to master this technique?

Chas,
I'm thinking the quick answer to both our questions here is the new Right Hand series Hector just put out. Good stuff.

AndyT

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:22 am

What exercises or drills do you recommend to develop fingerstyle? Hector's right hand stuff is great, but what would you like to see go along with it to build a more rounded skill set for fingerstyle?

6stringbostic

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 am

hi neil!

can you comment more on nail conditioning, shaping, etc?

i've seen some great threads here about it.

also, hector mentions in one of his arpeggio exercise videos another video about nail shaping. any way we could get access to that? i would love to hear his take on the subject as well as yours.

thanks!

sws626

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 am

Question about hybrid picking...

jcrocket has posted several videos in which he uses a hybrid picking technique (pick held between thumb and forefinger, middle and ring fingers used for treble notes). Could Neil offer any hints about how one might best learn to use this technique and perhaps comment on its advantages/disadvantages compared with alternatives such as using a thumb pick.

-Stuart

sws626

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 am

Chord fingering question...

When playing the G chord in the intro and verse of Pearl Jam's 'Just Breath,' is there any compelling reason for fingering this chord with the 2nd finger on the 6th string and 3rd finger on the 2nd string -- Or, to put it another way, would there be any disadvantage to playing it with the 1st and 2nd fingers?

Elsewhere in the song, when moving from the Dm to G, I can see why it would only make sense to play the same G chord with the 3rd & 4th fingers, since the 4th finger is already in position on the 2nd string.

mark

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:48 am

Any tips on memorising complex pieces of music.

In bouree in Em there are many changes.
Memory muscle works most of the time but when it goes wrong I can get in the situation where I've no idea where in the progression I am.
This is made worse becasue the music has no obvious chord progression.

millponddave

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 am

Hi, I have been working on Suite Judy Blue Eyes and I have most of the parts but is there a chance of adding a play along to the lesson to kinda tie it all together? It would sure help.

Thanks, Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic