Should you get an ipad for TG? (I just did :)

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:56 am

AcousticAl wrote:
BTW- For those that are interested, I figured out a new way to practice with the ipad and my Yamaha SLG (Silent guitar). You can take the headphone-out of the ipad, and plug it into the aux-in of the SLG via a mini to mini connector. You can then monitor both the ipad and the guitar on your headphones that are plugged into your guitar. The guitar is your mixer!

Trés cool imho.
Al:

That is pretty cool. With all these gadgets we have today, there are all sorts of ways for me to suck at playing guitar..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

J

heatndude

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Well Al I am writing this from iPad. They are great little gadgets, I downloaded the Amplitube app and got the rig interface for mine. I can run my guitar thru this little gem and use any kind of effects pedal, amp, mic whatever for different sounds. Even allows me to plug into a amp or pa system or headphones directly from the iPad. It works great and my wife and I don't fight over the laptop anymore we each hide with our own computer.

Mark

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 pm

That sounds cool, Mark. Can you make a video of you using the Amplitube app with your guitar and post it?

I actually just made a video on using the ipad with TG and TabToolkit- but am having upload issues right now. Will get it up eventually (so to speak). :laugh:

heatndude

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 am

I just seen your vid with the tab kit, cool I will need to get that also. The Amplitube app is mostly for effects and amp modeling with tuner, metronome, drum tracks etc.. You run your instrument thru it and listen thru headphones or plug into a amp if wanted. I will make avideo after my 20 day trip around the states in my RV. Hopefully I can find another TG member some where to make a video or do some jamming. Also great job on Come Monday I enjoyed it very much !!!!!!! I dont think we will make it to Toronto but you never know.

Mark

d_dog

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey Mark, if you get anywhere near Seattle on your trip let me know. Have a great time!

tvarga

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 pm

I don't have an iPad ... yet, but I do view some of the lessons on my iphone. It sure comes in handy now that videos are also being posted in iPad and iPhone format.

Unfortunately, it appears that many of them aren't set up correctly yet. For example, none of the latest 'Basic Guitar Course' lessons are available in 'i' formats, even though there are links for it.

Also, I wanted to view section B1 of the 'On The Horizon' lesson and it too isn't yet available in any of the 'i' formats.

Hopefully, TG will get these all fixed soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic